Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Steve, if you get any Y-Wing funds via some sale now, any chance of getting my refund sorted out sooner than later as a lump sum? Will be better for me than paying in dribs and drabs if you can access some additional funds please to pay me back the money owed. Thank you.

Good luck with that y wing kit wargrider!!!.
Also good luck with the return payment Waynem0.
I would hope that everyone who has been waiting in good faith is honoured with a return in cash, or a decent kit within their lifetime.
Such a shame when people cant get their priorities in order. If you pay, you should receive.

Thank you Flyscriber, I have been promised in good faith to get a full refund from Steve. If there are any problems dealing with him this year and he lets me down, then I will report back on this thread so no one else has the same problem or has fair warning of potential problems with this seller. That is my promise!

And I work hard to either deliver the kit or refund Flyscriber... I do appreciate your concern. I talked with Wayne.. I agreed to HIS terms not mine... matter of fact I worked hard to wrap up the long outstanding orders on the owed TIE list and it will be 100% completed this week and wargrider's order taken care of.. I understand the concern ... I have never have shy'd away from anything. So your oversight is welcome as is Waynes and all others. As long as its fair. So far its been fair.

Like waynem0 I'm in the UK and have just received my Studio Scale B-wing which I ordered from Steve a month ago. Beautiful castings, a very well engineered kit, and so many greeblies. Steve was very helpful on Facebook Messenger and replied to all my questions promptly.

The only blot on the deal was caused by Her Majesty and her import duty ;)

Hi everyone, just want to set the record straight if possible from another customers point of view, but I am a private collector however. Ordered a Studio Scale Bird of Prey model from Steve. Got the kit delivered to the UK and what a kit. So good that I have now ordered a Studio Scale K'Tinga from him too. He has taken a while to get the kit sorted for me as he has been so busy as of late but when I have chased Steve on progress, he has always got back to me and even though I parted with a lot of money for this kit, I know he will come through for me and I will be adding another awesome kit from him. Being from the UK, it takes a lot of trust to send someone a lot of money overseas. Not like I can go to his house and get my money back. So, I have full trust in him and he has not let me down to date. The wait is always worth it for the attention to detail Steve puts into his kits. I cant wait for his next piece of work to be posted to me. Thank you Steve

Yup same here, UK import duty a total killer and really harms any import from the US now. Risk of damage also. Glad you got your B-Wing mate. Sadly I have had to wait a long time for my K-tinga due to many delays and have now decided to cancel it and look to get a refund. I didn't want to wait anymore as it had been a long time and still no model delivery. So have arranged for a refund from Steve in place of the model and this should take place over the next year or two unless he can raise the funds to pay me quicker. Just hoping he can sell some more kits in order to give me a refund more quickly but he has responded to my concerns which is fair.

@waynem0
Been following your dealings with Steve...
I know you need him to have income from kit sales to pay you but the truth is that he is really a 'rogue trader' and if he operated in UK you would have taken him to the Small Claims Court many months ago... He should not be selling anything whilst he is effectively running a 'bankrupt' company...
It really pains me to hear it's going to take a couple of years to pay you your hard-earned cash back, why can't he get a loan from the bank rather than have the 'debt' with his customers?
I must take you up on the offer of a visit to see your collection, you are more than welcome to inspect the work Andy has done for me ... anytime... cheers!

Thank you Ollois for your following and your concerns. I am disappointed to having had such a long wait for a kit that I paid for last year, that is very true. There have been many delays with the production of the kit for one reason or another. I have been in touch with Steve and voiced my concerns and disappointment with this kit issue and in fact only last evening we were in touch to try to find a resolution to this very problem. He has promised me and given me his word to square me away with a refund and is looking to raise my refund as soon as possible. I have given my word that I will report back on here negatively if he lets me down but also I have given my word too to Steve that if he fulfils his promise then there will be closure on this site with a positive resolution feedback too. I want to be fair to Steve and don't want to be negative on here unless it all goes wrong. He has communicated and is working hard to a solution for me. Being from overseas I cannot deal with this matter any other way. So I hope I am being fair to him in that he is given a chance to sort out the problem. I really don't want to fall out on here as it will be bad for Steve but equally will not help me to get my money back. I just want closure on this deal one way or another. Thank you again however for following with support from a fellow countryman. You are also welcome to come view my collection anytime. Steve's Bird of Prey kit is awesome which is why I ordered another expensive studio scale kit from him. Just a shame that for some reason it didn't work out this time round.

Last edited:
Thank you Steve for my refund today on the K'tinga and also for sorting out additional kits for me as an addition so we are all square now. I look forward to getting them in the next couple of weeks. Once I have them I will again add positive feedback for you on here as the problem has been sorted as you had promised and assured me. Thank you again. Look forward to getting a couple of smaller but still awesome kits from you.

Hi Steve, Good to see that you have started working on the kits again..I am not sure when you will start on the SS snowspeeder...I will PM to talk more

You can add me to the long list of people who did not get their model from Steve. I purchased a Y-Wing build back in August of last year and was told it would take 4 weeks. After the same kinds of communications that others here have commented (waiting on parts, masters had to be remade, etc) the deadline kept getting pushed back. I finally gave Steve till the end of January to have it shipped but have not heard from him yet so I contacted VISA and had them reverse the charge with an open dispute I had on record when Steve first did not deliver back in September.

On the plus side, if Steve did work on the kit, it might be up for grabs soon which will help him out and get someone a nice Y-Wing. I don't have any ill will towards Steve. I just don't wish to do any further business with him. For those of you who have received kits from him, I am happy for you. For the rest of you who are still waiting, I felt it was important to speak up and share your pain.

The below pics are what Steve showed me of my kit parts at the beginning of January:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg

8.jpg

Talk about slipping through the crack.. email sent for info .. I don't run the snowspeeder but talked with the caster who does and we'll take care of you either with immediate refund or the kit... or both.

Paul Simon.. I messaged you on FB. So contact me about the "charge back" you didn't even request a refund so i cant issue you one.. charging back the card without even talking to me so you're gonna have to go through that process with your credit card. I could have just refunded you. I explained to you clearly the Y wing was under huge revisions.. and wanted to give you the best version of the craft. The engines are out of round int he pictured version once it started assembly and was working with a reputable model maker and caster here to upgrade the engines. I have yet received those.

So did your money get put back in your account? Thats all that matters at the moment.

Hi Steve...
Any news on the SS Snowspeeder which I paid 8 years ago ....I have PM you on my new email address

Kjager

Paul Simon.. So did your money get put back in your account? Thats all that matters at the moment.

Visa is putting the temporary funds back into my account so I am not charged further interest. Once the dispute is closed (3 to 4 weeks) it will be permanent so I am pretty much done here on my side and am good.

Can you provide ANY information as to IF and when EFX will be offering the Y-Wing for sale? Their Facebook page is being scathed for bad quality, items ordered years ago never being shipped and little if any customer support. It's like they don't care about the license they have. Thanks.

Paul.. OK as long as you have the funds. I can pp you so you have them immediately and not have to deal with a charge back if you want. Per EFX Y Wing. I have no information about the future release if or when they will ever release it. I have not had any communication with them for over a month and a half. I know Salzo is in the casting phase of the new Gold Leader kit. You could always reach out to him. Thats all i have to report on the Y Wing. Sorry bout this just wanted to to give you the very best.

Visa is putting the temporary funds back into my account so I am not charged further interest. Once the dispute is closed (3 to 4 weeks) it will be permanent so I am pretty much done here on my side and am good.

Can you provide ANY information as to IF and when EFX will be offering the Y-Wing for sale? Their Facebook page is being scathed for bad quality, items ordered years ago never being shipped and little if any customer support. It's like they don't care about the license they have. Thanks.

Hello Steve, I am sorry to add to this thread again I don't like to add to your woes but of course I have to look after my own interests so sorry but I must write of a concern. I am a little concerned that I too have ordered a Y-Wing model kit from you at $650 and have been assured it will arrive within 4 weeks. We are going to be 2 weeks into this promised delivery schedule as of this weekend. PSIMON has expressed issues with his Y-Wing kit issue and you state the delay to his Y-Wing kit are due to the engines being out of round from your supplier. As my K'Tinga order has been cancelled due to delays, can you assure me I will not have the same problem please with the Y-Wing kit. Thank you and please understand my concerns and assure me on here of the Y-Wing kit delivery schedule. The Eagle seller is following this thread and has said to me that the deal is off sadly for me if he doesn't get his B-Wing and Y-Wing kit in time (within 4 weeks) as he will sell to another buyer. So I have to push Steve no choice I am sorry to say. Perhaps the K'Tinga production might be the way forward if there is a problem now if it is ready to sell on ebay. We can do a deal on this so PM as need be. I might have to forgo the Eagle but I need to know where we are but he is following this thread so I need him to see I am working on a solution with you. Thank you.

Waynemo, I should have your Y wing kit ready to ship by Monday

Just to clarify what is going on with the Y wing at this point, I just finished a whole new set of molds from parts that were further refined than the molds that Steve has, thus the improvements that Steve has been talking about. I made a number of improvements so that there will not be issues with engines being out of round and have refined a number of other parts. Jason has also contributed a few new pattern parts, so the new kit will be a nice improvement over the last.

Additionally this next release will have a full metal armature, both crossbar and spine armatures, no resin hybrid. Now that i have a proper milling machine i can do those.

All kits will be cast and shipped directly from me.

Molds are done and ready, I had to make some archival castings, but those are all done and production has begun on these.
thanks
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back