Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame about the pod
does PayPal protection go for 7 yrs and 10 Months ?
Im sure Steve will refund you or send you a new one ASAP
its sad to want something for a long time and then be disappointed by it
reminds me of one of my Christmas presents my parents got me when I was a kid, I wanted a Lego spaceship and I got new school shoes :(

Shame about the pod
does PayPal protection go for 7 yrs and 10 Months ?
Im sure Steve will refund you or send you a new one ASAP
its sad to want something for a long time and then be disappointed by it
reminds me of one of my Christmas presents my parents got me when I was a kid, I wanted a Lego spaceship and I got new school shoes :(

My last post was not clear I guess - I received a new EP hull yesterday, as replacement for the warped original issue, after a 7y10m wait.

Last edited:
Thanks Frederic (Viceland)... thanks for taking the time to write what you did. Standing up.. and completing the owed list was hard. There are some that want to see me fail and go away. I didn't make my commitment to satisfy past due or replacement part orders to make the nay sayers happy. I did it because it was the right thing to do. You have indeed shown more patience than I ever could of. Something I've worked on during this process. Get better in all areas. I have modeled what i do now in the image of my great friend Mike Salzo. With his mentorship I have/am taking this as on as full time job and not a part time hobby. I don't and will not take pre orders for kit runs ever again. I maintain a work load that is manageable and hire help when needed. I will not used kit sale money to pay for the run in advance. This is where you can get into trouble fast. Which I did. Failed miserably. My participation here on the RPF when the list is complete will be to enjoy watching others build and not be stressed of owing anyone anything... Since there are other outlets for sales that protect the customer.. I think I'm gonna stick to selling kits that way. Keeps me accountable without nasty flame threads. Plus the Studio Scale forum is not the place to sale kits from. Its designed to allow builders a place to talk, work and show off their creations. I will not be using it for business purposes. Again thanks for taking the time to provide constructive suggestions all have been taken to heart. Gan's Viceland finally received his replacement hull so there is no need to launch a paypal claim or anything as you recommended. However you are correct. Future Kit sales are on hand... in that they are ready for shipment. NO PAID PRE ORDERS! If payment is made and the package does not arrive in the prescribed time the customer will be able to file a claim and be protected. This has been proven effective with the non Star Wars I've done the past couple months. Molds are being done on the re detailed TIE Hull and am casting the Virtual Koolshade patterns over the Holidays... December was a productive month towards the future. I hope 2015 will hold many more successes! Happy New Year Everyone!

7 Years and 10 months... and going straight to the Junkyard* (for the warped pod, that's literally). *Nevermind that, forgot the Junkyard was now for premium members only.

View attachment 420218 View attachment 420219 View attachment 420220 View attachment 420224 View attachment 420225

Seeing as everyone and their neighbor is giving you advice, I think I earned enough patience-points to add mine to the mix:

You'll have every right to feel some to sense of accomplishment once you're done with the owed kits, but don't come out of this feeling proud and relieved - your ways made A LOT of people feel A LOT of grief these past years. I think you're the type that needs constant pressure to perform - pressure like this thread; everyone can see you getting back on track, and I think it has a lot to do with it. You can't slack off once you're done here, you need to keep the pressure on; you have a chance to evolve this from a "public/social shaming type pressure" to a "goal setting accountability type pressure". Your goal should be to continue adopting good business practices, and to never ever ever slip back to your old ways. Transparency, and making yourself accountable, publicly, is key. Start a new thread, with a link to this one; call it something along the lines of "Nice-N Model Design's Accountability Buddies"; but use it not so much as a place to report, explain, and justify hold-ups and delays - I can't speak for anyone else, but I sure am tired of those from you. Instead, use RPF members and customers as your public support group to motivate you to stay efficient in your business dealings and to keep you from falling short of your goals. State your goals publicly in that thread, announce new kit projects, delivery dates, sales and shipments made, etc.; let everyone SEE what you're doing, and how you're doing it all efficiently and transparently. Beyond the real need to address an issue, don't give any more excuses - focus on what you will do to improve or do to make things right, and say it publicly. E.g., you're late on a production delivery date you announced here? Accept you will be "reminded" in the thread; own up to the fact and thank them; propose a plan to make up for the lateness and what you will do to prevent it from happening again (hire temp help, work more hours, work less projects simultaneously, revisit delivery dates, keep a production/project calendar to prevent over-tasking yourself, etc.), then do it.

Your last few posts in December, those where you give updates and make your commitments and good practice statements public; keep doing that, for every project/deadline/sale/shipment, but in more details, for as long as you're in business.

Steve, I'm still in a terrible cell area, but we're finally about to head home - can you get the DS and tracking sent off so I can take care of it first thing when I get back to Los Angeles?

Thanks!

Hi Steve,

I just sent a message through your website in regards to the studio Tie. Understandable that your getting outstanding orders out of the way first.

Steve,

I have tried emailing you a few times over the past couple of months, with no joy. Can you please let me know when you will be sending me the remainder of my refund?

Chris

Went and checked SPAM.. look for an email with final refund info. Thanks Chris.

Steve,

I have tried emailing you a few times over the past couple of months, with no joy. Can you please let me know when you will be sending me the remainder of my refund?

Chris

Ok guys all the main TIE molds have been re made.. actually pouring TIE's this week. a few molds need to be made on the inserts. So TIE will be shipping hopefully by weeks end! If you are on the list you will receive your kit. Then we can all finally but this thread to bed and move forward. Thanks again for the opportunity to fulfill past orders. this all will be soon at an end. Being behind that is!

Steve - May I ask what the status is on the Tie Fighter please??

Steve,...what about my rotj at-st larger leg set?
The last time we had contact about these was several months ago.
Please let me know the status.
Thanks

Heres they "why" you haven't received your replacement legs isn't part of the owed kit list VC... I'm getting the kits out... just a few left then I'll send you the the larger ATST leg set. It will be sooner rather than later as progress for list completion is upon me now.

That is strange,....i can clearly see my name and the leg set on the owed list on page 32 of this thread(nr.8)
Well ,...as long as i receive the leg set i am fine with it.
Keep up the good work!

Steve,

I am new for this forum in fact, and regret to start my first message with this for TIE.
I have sent you e-mails many times but no reply yet since I have got your reply on 10th May.
As everybody knows, it is not the first time but waiting for more than 5 years based on my record on Paypal. I am not sure who would be the longest.
Always it is said ...'next week ...'. Just I feel unprofessional because I have never seen your work with my own eyes yet.
I would like you to update periodically at least once in a week or two weeks.

Thanks,

Noboru from Japan

Last edited:
Any updates?
Did everybody receive their stuff?
I am still waiting for mine.
Steve if you read this,..can you tell me the status of the at-st larger leg set?
Thanks

Nope 6 years waiting for vapor ware Tie Fighter. seems like a trend from Garage kitters as of late. Sorry I'm just very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back