Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I got several pm´s from people who are in contact with Steve. He wants to post later tonight (I lose track of time when I´m on the RPF, and all that time conversion from U.S. to Europe makes my head spin a little atm).

A few of you pm´d me with what they are owed, but if one of you would do us all a favor and compile and maintain a list for all to see would help a lot, especially since I don´t really see having the time atm to do it myself.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Last edited:
That would be my job. Everyone who's owed, PM me here on the RPF and I'll compile a list and post for everyone.

Dave

Saturday morning, I am flying with my family to the Bahamas until the following Saturday, if I am not able to communicate until after that time with you, please don't crap your pants. If at all possible, I will be able to communicate via email, but I don't want anyone to count on that. You can still reach Steve during that time, but I probably can't update the thread until next Sunday or so. :)

PS I'm not gonna be out of touch til Friday night, so I'll update until then. :)

Alright, I´d say we do it this way:

everyone who is owed something should post this openly here in this thread.

Dave, you set up a post that collects all claims. If someone posts his claim after saturday, I, by and with the power given to me as a moderator, will update the thread!!! Sound like a plan? Once you´re back, all updating obligations reverse back to you :love

If this grows out of control, I can always take the posts and create a new thread, but atm it looks like its ten people involved, a number which should be manageable within this thread.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Taken from a message emailed to Steve today, with some added notes for clarity. Generally the same notes sent from a month and a half ago (and sent earlier today) that I gave up on at the time because the emails were going into a black hole. This posting of a list could have been the plan from the first post in this thread. It would have helped the whole process.

Richard Long has offered to help try to provide parts from his version of the kit. I'm not sure if there's a compatibility problem with the parts though - awaiting response from Richard, but since Steve is coming through, all should be ok now.

These are missing parts from a tydirium shuttle kit sent:

"I'm attaching a couple of pics.

1-The (top center) wing edge part on the left was missing.

2-The other part cracked (as I was prying it apart from the cockpit: kit was partially assembled as sent to me). If you have a spare, that would be helpful, but not crucial.

3- The four smaller forward guns are missing. Cast parts or dimensions, so I can make from brass, would be good.

4- There were only two of the longer forward guns in the kit sent. Since they're co-molded with a resin piece amongst the brass, it would be difficult for me to duplicate. Can you send the two missing?"

Thank you!

Steve Neisen's backlog list:

1. 79 Daytona Y Wing (new version not yet released)
2. ave4uevoli Hero TIE with Koolshade new mould (wings currently being remoulded)
3. Lazyeagle Standard TIE, Interceptor, Y wing.
4. Gatorbait9696 TIE and Interceptor
5. raiders Shuttle Tyderium, TIE Standard armature, Interceptor with armature.
6. Ketzer.com SS Probe droid (I'm releasing an updated version soon which I'll honor for Steve's deal with you Tim if you want to wait it out).
7. GF Interceptor, Shuttle Tyderium, TIE pilot and wing parts.
8. voodocaster upgrade ATST ROTJ larger legs, missing kit parts from ATST ROTJ.
9. uncannyx New Y wing kit, in trade for excelsior/bird of prey import kits (2yrs ago)

Last edited:
Steve Neisen's backlog list:

1. 79 Daytona Y Wing (new version not yet released)
2. ave4uevoli Hero TIE with Koolshade new mould (wings currently being remoulded)
3. Lazyeagle Standard TIE, Interceptor, Y wing.
4. Gatorbait9696 TIE and Interceptor
5. raiders Shuttle Tyderium, TIE Standard armature, Interceptor with armature.

please add:
Ketzer.com: SS Imperial Probe Droid

By the way, with help from Steve and a few friends, I will be showing off an upgraded Probe Droid and Escape Pod models as they are completed. Steve and I have been holding off on these projects until the backlog is complete, then we can move forward. We figured it's only fair to get you guys caught up before we even build the masters.

Dave :)

I bought to Steve these four last years the old tie fighter and interceptor
the hero tie with koolshade and new interceptor and the shuttle tydirium !
sure i waited two years before receiving my first tie fighter and a few months of patiences were necessary for interceptor and shuttle
but I always received my orders !!!

Michel

I don't believe anyone who's dealt with Steve in the past would dispute that he always comes thru in the end, but these guys who've waited the longest are just trying to see what "the end" truly means. He will come thru. It's sometimes the actual process of coming thru that gets ugly. I know you guys recall that Steve had hired a guy last year specifically who poured resin parts for him. Steve literally blew his huge backorder list down to those few of you that still remain........and then one day...........he gets a call from his resin guy and sure enough, the guy got deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. So he became a one man show again. Recently he asked some of our SS community for help and delegated all but one of his pending projects to those friends to help him finish off this backlog. The job kills all but a fraction of his time these days, but he hasn't let up on the stuff he has been sending out personally since this whole thing began so long ago. We speak every single week and sometimes daily about these backlog orders and I've watched that list shrink from about 20-30 people to just a handful in all this time. You guys are not privy to all the times when a mould fails or a casting doesn't meet Steve's high standards, so you don't hear about the ordering of new rubber and new resin to correct this or that..........all you guys know is that things take a long time. I'm sure if he was independently wealthy, he'd make 3 moulds per each part, but that isn't realistic. He is making progress people. :)

Last edited:
that is a short list, I expected to be one of the last to be filled (hence why I tried not to make too much of a ruckus) cause mine was a trade. Glad to see the list is not a super huge number ( I am sure it will grow once the evening crowd gets in) but I do not think it will hit the 20's.

I'm waiting for the following. I'm not really in a rush for the Tydirium which I originally ordered from REL, Steve made me a big favor by offering me his new version. :thumbsup

Tie Interceptor
Tydirium Shuttle
Tie pilot and a few little wing parts

GFollano

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back