Another Alpha Meson From DW build

Variant

Hello all. I've posted one other build on here and decided to post my most current commission piece on here. I was asked to build this as a commission from a Dr. Who fan for a friend of theirs. I'm actually almost done and even have the molds almost ready for production.
Anyway here is my build on this pistol. Thanks goes out to Birdie for doing his build which enabled me to do my artistic recreation of this piece. Without his post and ref photos I would not have been able to do this. I thank you sir.
So here is my short log on this piece. Enjoy. and please ask any questions.

More photos
Also included are photos of the mold I made for it and the first casting of the pistol and the gun sight. I need to build another tac light so that I can mold it, and do one for the accurate trigger. This is so I can actually offer kits if anybody would be interested.

Great work. I've been wanting to make one of these for a while now. What type of plastic did you use for the details?

Thank you. I used anything from some plastic signs , Syntra ( 6 mil, and 3 mil) , and thin ABS strips. Alot of the Barrel detail was done with Syntra and then using a small blade and saw I hand cut in the details.

Got the Base coat on today. I'm gonna start the weathering and details in a couple of days when the paint is completely dry.
I think I got the correct shade of white for the pistol.

Are you going to be making castings available?

Dan

Once I make another Tac Light to Mold I will be offering Complete kits. As of now I have just the Pistol mold and the Gun Sight mold ready to go. I've only pulled one test casting of the Pistol and need to pull another after making some adjustments to the mold. I'll post up an interest thread once everything is perfected.

Well, It's finally finished. I liked to think I was able to get it about 90% accurate.
Let me know what ya all think.
and thanks for looking

Hey Variant--I don't suppose you would let me rent it for a week, would you? Or buy it? I have the whole River costume put together and have a Nerf Scout that I painted to get me by, but it would be awesome to have a gun that looked like the real thing...pretty please?

Oh, if this is a commissioned piece--may I commission another? I do the entire costume, but don't have the gun. And I have staarted trying to make it, but am failing miserably. And if there was any way you could do it fairly quickly--I do have a Nerf Scout and a Nite Finder--I figure it can't hurt to ask, right? And aalso--I have money, too. :)

And in the meantime I'm praying it was one of my friends who commissioned it...

Oh, if this is a commissioned piece--may I commission another? I do the entire costume, but don't have the gun. And I have staarted trying to make it, but am failing miserably. And if there was any way you could do it fairly quickly--I do have a Nerf Scout and a Nite Finder--I figure it can't hurt to ask, right? And aalso--I have money, too. :)

And in the meantime I'm praying it was one of my friends who commissioned it...

Received your PM and sent ya one back. Yeah this one was a commission piece and is bought and paid for. Sorry.

Very nice work. I have always like that Nerf guns design anyway, so to see it made into this is just extra cool.

Hat's off to you sir

Thank you all for your kind compliments.
Since another member on here had commisioned me to build another one for a Convention I did up another one out of my molds.
Think I'm seeing double now. LOL!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back