Nerf Gun Props? YES!

I couldnt agree more sir. :)

Same goes for you... any new ideas are welcome! (always looking for cool projects or ideas to develop)
I do have a family/full time job, but I have done and still freelance work all the time, so I know how to give a deadline and have things 'completed' by then. ;)

Adobe/Microsoft..HealthCare industry...etc..etc.. they dont care 'why'.. if a deadline is set (its gotta be done!) HAHA..

I prefer to team up with another/others..as the communication and idea sharing/sparking really keeps me motivated to get things done.

my next 'project' is actually a Republic Command DC-17 gun.. client sent me his gun/kit.. its a 'WOODCHUCK' prop. (if anyone knows about him?)
anyways... not really nerf, but electronics are blaster related. :)

muzzle flash
semi & full auto modes
3-digit 7-segment display (counter)
30 x SMD led barGraph in the magazine.

should be fun!

*No NDA on this one.. haha

always willing to help!

take care
-Jerry

I did a Woodchuck piece for Mara Jade's Father here on RPF! It was a really cool wood kit. I hope you have fun with it! Those electronic upgrades sound really cool!

I'll definitely keep you in mind for anything that comes down the pipe, thanks for the offer to collaborate :)

Brian

any time bud!

if it wasnt for your work..

I wouldnt have been inspired to TRY to paint/weather my Nerfs..(and hence nothing 'cool' to put the electronics in!) haha..

Anytime you wanna talk about a project.. drop me a line! Ideas or work...fix, design.. whatever. :)

take care

-Jerry (xl97)

I was baout to paint my ak-47 black and then give the wheathering, or what paint you guys use to make them look like that real black graphite look of the guns? Can i use just flat black?

Mara Jade's Father Said: That reminds me a lot of a clone trooper pistol...

It does! Hold on...You gave me another idea for the second pistol, rather than Steampunk, maybe i should do a clone trooper pistol! all i'd have to do is remove the lower barrel and a few minor body modifications, Thanks for the idea!!!!

Last edited:
"Blade Runner Pistol Update:
Blade runner pistol paint job had a lot of spots so i will repaint and post pictures tomorrow,
________________________________________________________________________________
Clone Trooper (Star Wars) Pistol Update:
It's going quite well, i replaced the barrel and added a few other things, Here is the reference picture:
images.jpg
And here are the WIP pictures:
Star Wars Pistol WIP 2.JPG
Star Wars Pistol WIP 1.JPG
And here is a comparison picture to the original pistol to the my Star wars mod
Better star wars pistol comparision.JPG
Basically i took the second pistol, Cut off the barrels, replaced them with a single barrel, filled the screw holes with hot glue, And added the rails with pieces of an old Xbox case, I also used the Xbox case to seal up holes where i made my cuts, Now i have to clean up the hot glue and sand it and finally give it a paint job. (PS, Sorry for the low quality pictures, My camcorder sucks)
Thanks for checking this out-Steve

Attachments

• Star wars pistol comparison.JPG
    Star wars pistol comparison.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 343
Nerf Scout with a Battlestar Galactica makeover.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 306
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 241
Nerf Scout with a Battlestar Galactica makeover.

That looks awesome. :)

BTW, I just picked up another Nerf gun. A Recon CS6 this time, with the barrel (and again, no shoulder brace and without any additional stuff). This one has a clip but the thing is stuck.

That looks awesome. :)

BTW, I just picked up another Nerf gun. A Recon CS6 this time, with the barrel (and again, no shoulder brace and without any additional stuff). This one has a clip but the thing is stuck.

Glad you like it. Is this your first recon? If so, then you might like to know that you have to cock it before you can remove the clip. I found this out the hard way!

Cheers

Glad you like it. Is this your first recon? If so, then you might like to know that you have to cock it before you can remove the clip. I found this out the hard way!

Cheers

Yeah, it's my first Recon, and I know that you have to cock it back to remove the clip, but the slide cocking mechanism doesn't work, it's literally stuck half way (I can't move it forward or back). Not that it matters, as I have considered making this one nonfunctional as well when I got to mod it (don't know what to mod it as yet).

Last edited:
Sounds like one of the inside parts has jammed it. Not really a problem, once you've opened it up it should be easy to sort out.

The recon blaster makes a very good base for a nerf PR, just need a longshot front end and a stock for the set (look up quests Nerf PR build :thumbsup).
IMG_2253.JPG
IMG_2255.JPG

Sounds like one of the inside parts has jammed it. Not really a problem, once you've opened it up it should be easy to sort out.

The recon blaster makes a very good base for a nerf PR, just need a longshot front end and a stock for the set (look up quests Nerf PR build :thumbsup).
View attachment 231742
View attachment 231743

Awesomeness! I happen to know that Dollar General has a $10 Spaz-12 toy shotgun (almost 1:1 scale) that I can use for the grenade launcher. Don't know if I'd be able to modify the Spaz-12 toy in the same manner as the real one (as from what's reported by the Internet Movie Firearm Database that the grenade launcher is "a Remington 870 shotgun underneath with the heat shield and foregrip of a SPAS 12 covering it".) But hey, I'm sure I'll be able to improvise. :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back