Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Here are a couple of my better Nerf repaints (I daren't show the crappy ones - too embarrassing):

Nerf Maverick.JPG

Nerf Hornet.JPG

Last edited:
Hello everyone, and please dont get to hard on me cause of my english :)
I´m from germany and bought a couple of days ago a Rapidstrike CS-18. Cause it looks a bit ridiculous i have looked through this whole thread but havent seen a painted or moded Rapidstrike (Maybe i missed it - 64 pages in this thread are a lot of stuff to look through^^). Do somebody have one in progress or could give me some handy hints to paint it in some military style?

Here's one I thought was posted, but if you missed it I'll just attach it for you to check out :)

Here's a link to the unweathered version: Pulse Rifle-inspired Nerf Rapidstrike Progress by *JohnsonArms on deviantART

Here was a phone camera photo of the paintjob almost finished. I hope it will help!

Rapid Strike Pulse Rifle progress 3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ok all done first nurf paint mod please tell me what u guys think?

Here are a couple of my better Nerf repaints (I daren't show the crappy ones - too embarrassing):

View attachment 226731

View attachment 226732

Couldent resist adding mine to the mix
View attachment 224325

Nicely done, guys! Thank you for posting them here!

Here's a shot of the newly finished "Double-Penetrating Unkempt Harold". It's based off a Lanard Rotator X8 with a bunch of fabricated parts. I actually made moulds of those bits so I don't have to do all that prep again :)

The other two photos are just better shots of a couple Borderlands 2 props I posted last week. I hope the detail on these are much better!

IMG_0897.JPGIMG_0933.JPGIMG_0949.JPGUnkempt Harold 1.jpg

Hello! The rapid strike is a cool base gun for a project ( i have one too!) If you want to keep it simple maybe paint it black or olive drab green, add some numbers or letters to the outside and weather it a bit. If you feel daring you could try digital camo, or how about a color scheme from one of the mass effect weapons.

Thanks Canobi! It was fun to build and now I may be getting a chance to make one of the Hyperion "Bitch" models, hehe. Gotta love these gun names :)

JA.

great work as always!.. just top notch!

they look...'perfect'..

just need lights, sounds, electronics!!!

seriously.. love looking at your work sometimes!

I really appreciate that! I hate not being able to post more regularly, but I'm glad you guys haven't forgotten about me completely, haha.

I noticed yesterday that that thread is now #2 on the RPF all-time view count if I'm not mistaken. That's incredible. I can't thank you guys enough for posting your awesome mods and comments. I'm sure that Art is proud that we've keep this thing going so strong :)

Just picked this up for 30 cents at the Goodwill Good Cents store. Can't figure out what to do with it (other than making a stock and fake ammo magazine for it, since I couldn't find the stock or magazine that went with it). But I'm more than likely going to make it non-functional instead of keeping it functional. Maybe I should look at the Defiance game, see if there's anything close to this thing. :unsure

IMG_0655.JPGIMG_0657.JPG

hello
These picture are awesome. Great job with the mods. I just started doing this as a hobby and it is so fun - keeps my mind off work. I posted three of the guns I have done so far, different views. I have been playing around with wiring LEDs and mounting lights. The one gun with the "test tubes" doesn't have lights. These are for a stream punk theme.

Question - has anyone had luck with removing the barrel frame like I did and successfully get the gun to work again. The two without barrel frames are not functional, but they are my cosplay guns so I don't need them to work - but for reselling I would like to continue to make this style that is workable.

thanks for any suggestions.
006.JPG201.JPG205.JPG207.JPG206.JPG

Just picked this up for 30 cents at the Goodwill Good Cents store. Can't figure out what to do with it (other than making a stock and fake ammo magazine for it, since I couldn't find the stock or magazine that went with it). But I'm more than likely going to make it non-functional instead of keeping it functional. Maybe I should look at the Defiance game, see if there's anything close to this thing. :unsure

View attachment 227691

That was an excellent find! I'd say anything related to a game that you enjoy would be really cool. Since part were missing, that's the perfect opportunity to make some of your own :) I wouldn't worry about keeping it functional, just have fun with the project!

hello
These picture are awesome. Great job with the mods. I just started doing this as a hobby and it is so fun - keeps my mind off work. I posted three of the guns I have done so far, different views. I have been playing around with wiring LEDs and mounting lights. The one gun with the "test tubes" doesn't have lights. These are for a stream punk theme.

Question - has anyone had luck with removing the barrel frame like I did and successfully get the gun to work again. The two without barrel frames are not functional, but they are my cosplay guns so I don't need them to work - but for reselling I would like to continue to make this style that is workable.

thanks for any suggestions.
]View attachment 227740

Very nice work on those! It's definitely possible to make the mav function without the stock frame, but you would have to make sure to keep everything lined up so that the air is forced into the correct chamber. Also, some kind of arm would be needed to keep the front of the cylinder straight unless you devise a way to keep it straight by reinforcing the rear (which is something I've not attempted, so I don't have specific advice on that, sorry)

Good luck and I wish you the best with your props!

That was an excellent find! I'd say anything related to a game that you enjoy would be really cool. Since part were missing, that's the perfect opportunity to make some of your own :) I wouldn't worry about keeping it functional, just have fun with the project!

Thanks. :) I'll have to check the game tomorrow to see if there's anything like it (if not, then I guess I'll just improvise something, as many here in this post has).

View attachment 227690View attachment 227691

I have one of these. It has a great shape but the spring chamber needs to go. (As much as I hate having one non functional)

I have tried to paint the nerf, and it failed horribly i was total newbie back then. Looking at all this awesome work makes me what to try to do one. Will one of you great folks share what method do you take to make the gun look so beautiful!

I have one of these. It has a great shape but the spring chamber needs to go. (As much as I hate having one non functional)

I agree. I've tested out the pump action and the thing gets jammed a few times. Not to mention I have to hold it all the way back into the non-recoiled position (as seen in the photo) for it to even "fire." As much as I like the pump-action, I may end up removing it and adding a fake grip underneath the length of the barrel and make it look like it's a machine gun type of weapon instead of a pump-action shotgun type of weapon.

Not to mention, I think the pump-action handle would end up scraping off any paint I put on it.

everything I have read and my first attempt was all rattle can as well..

1.) any mods/glue..etc done here
2.) sand, clean, any prep work
3.) primer, sand, clean
4.) base coat (for me this was black, flat)
5.) any details/taping/painting..etc
6.) dry brushing (use various kids brushes and 'the old ladies' blush brushes
7.) optional acrylic washes (pre-bought or watered down)
7.) details/decals...etc
8.) optional clear coat (not sure what is best or doesnt 'fog'..didnt clear mine)

here were my results on my first project/attempt..

I opted for a NON-functional version (I know .. I know).. but with good reason.. I wanted to put electronics in it.. and make the barrel move by motor when fired..etc.. along with (swappable) sounds, lights, reload, semi & auto modes, user defined max ammo count, user defined 'DNA safety check' (if enabled you need to have the triggered pressed when you power up the gun/or it says USER NOT VERIFIED..etc..), and you can set Red, green or blue for the barrel color..

build log here: (for more pics./details)
http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-first-nerf-gun-mod-lots-pics-164965/#post3009073

Video in action:

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back