Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    669.2 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 192
Blargh. I've been following this thread off and on since the first post, but I don't think I ever got around to posting in it! Or maybe I posted the Aliens Pulse Rifle and Brimstone last year?

Anyway, this thread needs more Borderlands 2:
tediore_quality_repeater_2_by_meowymeowmeow-d5mlemz.jpg maliwan_fervid_gospel___commission_by_meowymeowmeow-d5n9v39.jpg miss_moxxi_s_bandit_touch_by_meowymeowmeow-d5luuov.jpg

Love all the work here!.. lots of talent!

I started a project a while back.. (mod'ing for electronics)..

and finally got the 'sac' to try my first weathering.. definitely not as good as you most of you guys here.. but at least I bit the bullet. :)

(I need to read up on more peoples tricks/techniques.. and learn subtle weathering. vs heavy weathering. too excited I guess!?) lol..

anyways.. for some back ground on the electronics and slight shells/case mods...

here is the back story/original thread: (build log)
http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-first-nerf-gun-mod-lots-pics-164965/

Last edited:

Attachments

• Borderlands Recon.jpg
    Borderlands Recon.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Borderlands Recon 1.jpg
    Borderlands Recon 1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 182
Presenting the X-Shot Zuru Turbo, a German Nerf-type dart blaster. It's a WIP at the moment, I'll post more pics when it's finished.

Finished pics now added. Hope you like it.

Attachments

• X-Shot Zuru Turbo.jpg
    X-Shot Zuru Turbo.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Zuru WIP.jpg
    Zuru WIP.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
im painting my first gun. its a nerf raider. i want to know what the best material for masking is. there is a lot of fine detail that i want to color. would electrical tape work for the curves or do i need to get some legit painters tape.

Hello! New member to the forum with my first post. I love this thread because i have pretty much all of the blasters that evryone is using for thier props. I'm not trying to brag but i bought them to use as base weapons for props. Currently working on a halo br55 for someone but it's taking forever.2013-07-06_21-05-38_30.jpg

Hello! New member to the forum with my first post. I love this thread because i have pretty much all of the blasters that evryone is using for thier props. I'm not trying to brag but i bought them to use as base weapons for props. Currently working on a halo br55 for someone but it's taking forever.View attachment 221286

Lookin good though, some things just take time to get right :thumbsup

And welcome to the RPF GunHed70 :)

Hey is there anybody Local to Central Florida, like Winter haven, Lakeland area that builds these I have a 2 stampedes that need to get fixed and painted up, also have 4 Mavericks that need modding and paint as well. It is for our office we battle all the time and want cool stuff to use.

Most of the people that mod nerf guns ask a fair amount of money, but they're not hard to mod. Just look on youtube and someone will have a video showing how to mod them. I live in arizona so i don't think i can help you but if you're looking for blasters that get better range check out orangemodworks.com thay sell upgrade springs for most blasters. The stampedes are worth modding but not the mavericks, the plunger tube inside is just to small. Nerf has a new series of blasters called ELITE blasters and they get much better ranges without mods. The elite alpha trooper is pretty solid or get the rapidstrike you'll thank me later, it's a flywheel blaster that empties clips super fast, also not bad as a prop blaster.

Most of the people that mod nerf guns ask a fair amount of money, but they're not hard to mod. Just look on youtube and someone will have a video showing how to mod them. I live in arizona so i don't think i can help you but if you're looking for blasters that get better range check out orangemodworks.com thay sell upgrade springs for most blasters. The stampedes are worth modding but not the mavericks, the plunger tube inside is just to small. Nerf has a new series of blasters called ELITE blasters and they get much better ranges without mods. The elite alpha trooper is pretty solid or get the rapidstrike you'll thank me later, it's a flywheel blaster that empties clips super fast, also not bad as a prop blaster.

I completely understand, I am in an office of techs and our boss likes to buy us things that keeps our hopes high lol. He would rather find someone to fix out two stampedes and paint and mod everything else we have. Maybe buy more stuff. Its basically a time thing none of us have the time to do it. Thanks for the info.

Here's a couple more WIP shots. The new course I've created (at my High School) 3D Fabrication & Prop design is approaching, gotta have some examples to show the kids...

The cell phone pics don't do the guns a lot of favors, gotta break out the DSLR one of these days:

Some borderlands:
http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p533/rgriesbeck/2013-03-08145451_zps97ed9bf1.jpg

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p533/rgriesbeck/2013-03-08145446_zpsb3d8e011.jpg

Steampunky:

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p533/rgriesbeck/2013-03-08145052_zps51472fc9.jpg

Terra Nova Replica:

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p533/rgriesbeck/2013-02-08163731_zps4faf4e9e.jpg

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p533/rgriesbeck/2013-03-08145957_zps440968fd.jpg

The Rough Cut... Now THAT'S what I am talking about!

Hey guys! I just finished up on a Chemrail prop using a nerf centurion for the base. It was a hit at the Tampa Bay Comicon and I hope you guys approve :)IMG_20130823_072544.jpg

Hello everyone, and please dont get to hard on me cause of my english :)
I´m from germany and bought a couple of days ago a Rapidstrike CS-18. Cause it looks a bit ridiculous i have looked through this whole thread but havent seen a painted or moded Rapidstrike (Maybe i missed it - 64 pages in this thread are a lot of stuff to look through^^). Do somebody have one in progress or could give me some handy hints to paint it in some military style?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back