Nerf Gun Props? YES!

a few more photos:

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 project: Ready for battle by *JohnsonArms on deviantART

IMG_0486.JPGIMG_0491.JPGIMG_0492.JPGIMG_0541.JPGIMG_0227.JPGIMG_0247.JPGIMG_0257.JPGPrimered Heavy Bolter 3.jpgIMG_0513.JPGIMG_0258.JPG

Hey guys,

I've been busy building a tonne of props and costumes for a webseries i've been shooting (currently in post) I wish I had taken more progress photos, but there are a few there.

Specs called for a gigantic sniper rifle.. so I combined a Longshot and a Longstrike, and a few other bits and bobs. I'll take some better close up photos of the prop soon when i get the chance. For the meantime, here are some production photos.

5968589_orig.jpg

10995_10151428855352295_1625013971_n.jpg

4846596_orig.jpg

65549_10151428854687295_2113038197_n.jpg

383075_10151536111757295_2107625680_n.jpg

I really like the sniper rifle. However by the length of it you can really notice a sag. Not much you can do about that though, unless you took apart everything and used a steel or aluminum pipe.
This is such a cool thread. I look forward to all the pics.

TazMan2000

Nice work on that, Supa! I like the colors you chose
From the arms of Johnson - I thank you for that lovely comment. I don't classify myself as a great painter and it took me awhile to finish it off but I knew what I wanted as the end result. A lot of inspiration came from other peoples work here including yours so THANKS GUYS !
Now where do I go from here...

225459.jpg
Finished this up yesterday, sawed off both ends, added a piece of PVC pipe, caulked it, painted it black, and spread around a thin layer of patina paint, (if anyone wants to know what brand etc. let me know.) and finished it up. Sorry about the low quality picture, I can get some higher quality photos if anyone wants to see.
Thanks,
Brandon

View attachment 185543
Finished this up yesterday, sawed off both ends, added a piece of PVC pipe, caulked it, painted it black, and spread around a thin layer of patina paint, (if anyone wants to know what brand etc. let me know.) and finished it up. Sorry about the low quality picture, I can get some higher quality photos if anyone wants to see.
Thanks,
Brandon

I'd love to see some pics. :)

image.jpg

Here's a couple of Dredd Lawgivers I made a month or so ago. Bought two "Air Zone" pistols, molded foam/clay grips and added them to the back of the handles, painted the guns, detailed them then added small clear blue screens to the sides. Planning to install LED displays soon...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back