Walking Dead Sheriff Uniform

That's too funny! But here's the detail freak I am... what I took away from those pictures was that Sly is wearing his watch on his right arm, indicating that he is left-handed. I don't know whether this is true IRL or something for the character, but most people wear their watch on their non-dominant arm. And yet, his gun holster is clearly on the right. So he either shoots with his non-dominant hand or he wears his watch on his dominant hand. Peculiar.

Skruffy
you are most definitely a stickler for detail :)

however, you comment about most people wearing their watches on their non dominant hand is not quite correct. For most right handers that is the case, but what I have found for most left handed individuals, it is a matter of their experience while growing up.

I am a left hander, no question about it. However, I do wear my watch on my left hand, my dominant hand. Why? When growing up, that was how everyone else wore it and how I was shown to wear my watch. Since hand preference does not have much to do with telling the time, that particular idiosyncracy stuck. Never noticed it before, but now that I think of it, this is also true for a couple of other left handers I know :)

Skruffy
you are most definitely a stickler for detail :)

however, you comment about most people wearing their watches on their non dominant hand is not quite correct. For most right handers that is the case, but what I have found for most left handed individuals, it is a matter of their experience while growing up.

I am a left hander, no question about it. However, I do wear my watch on my left hand, my dominant hand. Why? When growing up, that was how everyone else wore it and how I was shown to wear my watch. Since hand preference does not have much to do with telling the time, that particular idiosyncracy stuck. Never noticed it before, but now that I think of it, this is also true for a couple of other left handers I know :)

Ditto :lol I'm left handed, shoot with my left (I'm a Police firearms officer) and indeed wear my watch on my left wrist....glad I ain't the only one :lol

I got to see Stallone's 'Copland' costume around 1998 at the AMC theater at Disney in Orlando. It's a huge theater and they had all kinds of props and costumes on display.
Wish I had taken some pics of it.

For those of us Dragonconning it this year in our respective WD uniforms, there's a photo op for us to get. Jon Bernthal, aka Shane, has just been listed on the guest list.

For anyone who's interested in Shooting locations, AMC just posted a video of Kirkman at a Season 2 shooting location.
I triangulated off the skyline when they show the storm. They are filming at the Wheat Street Baptist Church. That not much further from the Con than where the Tank scene was filmed. And THAT was at the far side of the park we stage the parade at (Woodruff). On the corner of Broad St NW and Walton St. NW.

Hi, I'm new and fan of Walking Dead, I came across your topic in looking for
something to complet my sheriff load out. You have gathered here, tons of interesting information, I found almost all elements except the pants ... a model that appears is very little used, being French lol I really very difficult to convince the American retailer to inform me ... can you help? Best regards.

I'd like to pick up a replica of Shane's "22" jersey number pendant. How big would you guys guess his is:
WalkingD14JonBernthal-ShaneWalsh.jpg

I found a site that sells something pretty close, just need to choose something accurately sized.

My collar pins have arrived, and they look just like this.
If you orient the 'dammits' to over-and-under, the bar is pretty well hidden behind the bird. :)

Nearly my whole outfit is together, now. I just need boots, badge, and for a couple of back-ordered bits to arrive. :)

I've just got myself a pair of these self same badges and i reckon they are as close to the correct size as you can get. This is a comparison between the original one and the new one.

223121_10150245313936516_633241515_7593984_509740_n.jpg

Somerset, I've been looking for collar pins, you've nailed the size as close as anyone outside their prop dept. will. Where did you find them? Was it a link earlier in the thread?

does anyone have a good picture or know the make of the baseball cap Shane wears please

TheMechanic probably knows. I have one of his WD hats from the first run, and it is amazing. Fits so nice. Maybe if there is enough interest with the show coming back soon, he could do another run? Either way, he probably knows more about it than anyone after researching for that run.

I do want to do another run of those hats simply because I think I can do better on the embroidered sheriff's dept logo if I get another shot at it.

I want to make the logo wider and with a more yellow colored thread.

I may start an interest thread in early September for the ball caps.

I do want to do another run of those hats simply because I think I can do better on the embroidered sheriff's dept logo if I get another shot at it.

I want to make the logo wider and with a more yellow colored thread.

I may start an interest thread in early September for the ball caps.
Put me down for one as well. I thought the previous cap was pretty well done, I look forward to the next version being even better.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back