Walking Dead Sheriff Uniform

It almost looks like the center seal of my badge. I think eltee was having a buddy make one from scratch but I dunno the progress of that. Still hoping the badge is still on!

Rick's badges are definitely scratch built. I can't wait to see what Eltee comes up with.
For the time being, I'm building my own badge based on a vintage Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice badge. It won't be perfect but it'll do for now.

Here's my 'Walking Dead' Sheriff's Dept. badge progress so far.

I started with a Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice badge blank. The badge was never finished and is stamped out of solid copper, no curve to it, no center seal and no pin on the back.

What I did was I found a really thin copper washer the exact size I needed to cover the original wording and I epoxied it in place.

I found a Georgia State center seal and had it made in nickel plate. The center seal is silver real life although it looks gold in my photos it is not, it is silver.

So then I epoxied the center seal in place.

All I need to do now is get it re-engraved with "King County Sheriff", attach the pin to the back, bend the points a little to give it some curvature and then I'll Rub N' Buff it gold.

It's not perfect but it's been a cool project and so far I'm very happy with it.

100_4385.jpg

100_4386.jpg

Almost there!

100_4387.jpg

Last edited:
I think the brown leather and fur collar police/ sheriff jacket works for the comic book version, but Rick in the TV show appears to be wearing one closer to this:

!B,sDwQw!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKj4EjlLmY+TiBKsm94Q)Sg~~_12.JPG

It's a uniform jacket made by Blauer. Although even this isn't identical:

the-walking-dead-rick-grimes.jpg

walking+dead.jpg

Rick's jacket has almost squared off pocket flaps and a dark button, which makes me think it's custom made, but based on the Blauer. They included an (unused) chest badge slot- the two holes on the left chest for the sheriff badge off his shirt.

The hunt continues...

Oh Martin, I found the exact duty jacket he wears on the show. It's made by Spiewak.
Look around though as the prices vary wildly from about $80 to $140.

I thought he had a fur collar in first ep. walking away from the patrol car, guns and gas can in hand? I guess I was seeing things. :/

That's okay I'm not a fan of the thin, windbreaker style jackets. It would suit the climate for Georgia though. I'll stick with my A2 here in New England. ;)

The Spiewak duty jacket he wore in Episode 1 comes with a zip-ut Thinsulate liner which wasn't needed due to the 100+ degree temperatures while they were filming in Georgia.
At some point I'd like to pick one up and add my patches to it.
It would look good without the patches for everyday wear too.

Another officer joins the ranks off the King County Sheriff Department :)

Pictures are a bit ropey and i'm getting better quality ones soon, but here's my take on this costume/ uniform:

215556_10150151109076516_633241515_6725258_7084410_n.jpg

206962_10150151108906516_633241515_6725255_2557076_n.jpg

Martin, that looks really, really good!!

What are you doing for the gun? And have you found some good boots?

Haven't sourced the firearm yet. Any suggestions? Boots- trying to aquire a pair of good ol' boy cowboy boots, which is what Rick appears to wear in some photos. (Unless you tell me he wears Magnums, which i already have a couple of pairs of!)

For the firearm, I just use an airsoft revolver with the orange tip removed. Just look on ebay for a 6" revolver. Sometimes one that is silver with a brown handle isn't available, but there usually seems to be at least one for around $35USD. I'm not sure about how difficult it would be to ship to the UK, though.

The boots should be black cowboy boots. I live in Texas, so I had to buy a pair when I moved to this state to conform with the state dress code, so I was lucky that I had them laying around and was able to use them with this costume.
(I'm joking about there being a state dress code. Mostly.)

Oh, and for anyone else looking to source the pants, I got a PM from someone who said they talked to Quartermaster.com and they were willing to put a tan stripe on their brown pants for about $8. So it seems like QM could be a 1-stop shop for the uniform, and at a fairly affordable price, too.

Haven't sourced the firearm yet. Any suggestions? Boots- trying to aquire a pair of good ol' boy cowboy boots, which is what Rick appears to wear in some photos. (Unless you tell me he wears Magnums, which i already have a couple of pairs of!)

Don't you have to be a member of an airsoft group to get an airsoft pistol or revolver..

Don't you have to be a member of an airsoft group to get an airsoft pistol or revolver..

where'd you hear that? You can walk up to your local wal-mart store and pick up an airsoft gun; as long as you're over 18 or can sweet talk the cashier. :thumbsup

I've gotten a couple airsoft guns to modify from airsoftgi.com and evike.com

Looking good there, Martin!

For a revolver have a look in Toys R Us. They have a cowboy set which has a nice gun which looks to be life sized, not actually measured it though but can't hurt to look.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back