Walking Dead Sheriff Uniform

Looks good man, really good! Look forward to see your custom badges! The hat though, it looks a little light in the pics, is a chocolate brown like Rick's?

Looks good man, really good! Look forward to see your custom badges! The hat though, it looks a little light in the pics, is a chocolate brown like Rick's?

It is a little lighter than the brown of the uniform, but not as bright as the flash is making it appear. There was a darker hat available on ebay, but it didn't look as good of quality, and the shape seemed off. So I went with the better, lighter hat. I may see if I can get some chocolate fabric paint that I can put in my airbrush. That way I can darken it up a little, and yet maintain control over saturation so I don't ruin the hat. And yes, I can't wait for the badges, they are going to be amazing! Since they are real badges, they'll be totally passable for what the King County Sheriff's Deputies would wear. I know Megacon is coming up in Orlando in a couple weeks. This would be an awesome rig to wear for that. I just worry about it being so realistic that I get in trouble by a real cop that doesn't know what it is.

As a Georgia native and a big fan of the show (they shot the first season Atlanta scenes right behind my office building!) this thread is great. I should put together one of these costumes myself some day!

'Rick and Carl' at Boston ComiCon a few weeks back.

I don't know the kid. I just happened to see him there with his brother, 'Shawn of the Dead'. :)

Has anyone sourced the sheriff gun/shot gun bag?

I looked, looked, and looked all over the Internet with zero luck. Someone else out there may have had better luck than me. I ended up piecing it together with these two items from eBay. I am not related to either seller, just trying to help out with what I was able to put together:

DUFFEL BAG BLACK ROLL TUBE TRAVEL CAMPING LUGGAGE 40" | eBay

Law Enforcement Back Patches | eBay

I took the bag to my local dry cleaning shop and $10 later it was all together.

I hope that helps.

Bigfeet

Bigfeet,

40" bag seems to be pretty darn long... does it look about right in length should there be some shotguns in there? I was guessing the bag seen on screen would have been closer to 30" to 35".

Just curious.

Rob

Bigfeet,

40" bag seems to be pretty darn long... does it look about right in length should there be some shotguns in there? I was guessing the bag seen on screen would have been closer to 30" to 35".

Just curious.

Rob

Rob,
If I were to do it again, I would probably get the 30". The 40" is huge. My personal shotguns and ARs all fit with no problem and a ton of room left over.

Bigfeet

Hey Folks ...i Own a Small Uniform Shop in minneapolis,mn if you guys wanted to knock all this out in one shot ..we can do that. We'd do the Badges and Nameplates as custom runs. if we have enough folks we can custom run the patches ..and yes we can Stripe the pants too.

Message me if ya have any questions

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back