Re: Avatar Sequels

"though he has said previously that he only wants to make Avatar movies from here on out." yet he allegedly recently stated that he still want's to do Battle Angel right after Avatar 3... so which is it??? :confused

DwLhc1a.jpg

:lol :lol Shiny Nathan

I for one really, really liked Avatar so I'm definitely excited... but still bummed it's still 3 years away :(

Hopefully, Horner will re-use recycled bits of the soundtrack from "Glory" again with a touch of "Willow" for good measure.

If only there had been a sequel to "Dances With Wolves" that could be tapped again for inspiration as well...

That's what some people asked when Ripley returned :p

Cameron never wanted to kill Ripley or bring her back, so it'd be interesting to see how he treats character resurrection if this turns out to be true.

They announced on Facebook that Zoe

Good, good!

and Sam have signed on for all three sequels

Sam Worthington? Ugh. I can forgive a lot when it comes to Avatar, but he is definitely not one of them. I hope that if he comes back he won't be the main character, or worse, the narrator.

Cameron never wanted to kill Ripley or bring her back, so it'd be interesting to see how he treats character resurrection if this turns out to be true.

Good, good!

Sam Worthington? Ugh. I can forgive a lot when it comes to Avatar, but he is definitely not one of them. I hope that if he comes back he won't be the main character, or worse, the narrator.

:lol :lol what's the problem with him? I really liked him in it.

Flashbacks? I hope....my guess, cloning. They WERE able to clone/grow/create Nav'ii bodies dna coded to the human who'd inhabit them...therefore they have their DNA on profile and did a version of cloning with it. Now, why you'd bring back two dead people that way - I have no clue. Doesn't seem to be a good reason for either.

Sigourney Weaver's character's consciousness is probably still alive in that fiber optic tree thing. As for Stephen Lang, no clue how he is returning. Maybe his character has a twin brother named Landfill.

As for Stephen Lang, no clue how he is returning. Maybe his character has a twin brother named Landfill.

My guess for his return since i first heard about his return has been that his "human" body worked the same way as the Nav'ii bodys. His "Human" body died at pandora but his real human body is still on earth. His mind has been transferred back to earth by the earth ship or such.... We never heard them talk what the the range for those mind swap machines was.

My guess for his return since i first heard about his return has been that his "human" body worked the same way as the Nav'ii bodys. His "Human" body died at pandora but his real human body is still on earth. His mind has been transferred back to earth by the earth ship or such.... We never heard them talk what the the range for those mind swap machines was.

That would explain why he wasn't interested in leaving, or getting his scar fixed.

Sigourney Weaver's character died in the movie but it was heavily implied she was absorbed into the tree/life force of the planet. My guess is that she will be the personification of Eywa when Jake interfaces with the tree.

Stephen Lang I don't get. He was a the perfect villain for the first film; simple, violent, and uncomplicated. You need a more complicated and interesting villain for sequel. I'm not generally a fan of death that doesn't stick. Other than Gandalf, it's usually really trite and stupid. Perhaps as a flashback.

Him really being on Earth using avatar tech to interface with a human body on Pandora is a pretty crazy theory. I'm betting/hoping it will be a flashback. But retconning his death or resurrecting him? Doesn't seem like Cameron's style.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back