UD replicas Tron Legacy costumes *HELP*

Gearsofhalo

hey guys, i tried emailing UD replicas but i got no reply...it's okay though cuz i know they are busy! but i need HELP...i wanna get one of their tron legacy sam flynn costumes, but i NEED to know if they light up or not! i see youtube vids of them lighting up...but the website says nothing about it....please help guys!

im sorry if this is in the wrong section!!!!!

and do you guys know when they will be shipping these costumes out?!

THANKS GUYS!!!!

hey guys, i tried emailing UD replicas but i got no reply...it's okay though cuz i know they are busy! but i need HELP...i wanna get one of their tron legacy sam flynn costumes, but i NEED to know if they light up or not! i see youtube vids of them lighting up...but the website says nothing about it....please help guys!

im sorry if this is in the wrong section!!!!!

and do you guys know when they will be shipping these costumes out?!

THANKS GUYS!!!!

Hey there........the UD suits do not light up. What you see on You Tube is a one off prototype that they made. I believe the final order date to get a delivery in the 3rd quarter 2011 was January 7th. All suits are made to order and are done in batches.

UD did say that they are working on a light up version but the demand/ cost/ complexity may not warrant a run of light up suits. Give UD time to answer, they are great, and David is a regular on this forum.

I ordered my jacket back in December, and can't wait to get it!!!!!!

Well, first off they're reflective. Second of all, believe it or not it's not a costume. It's actualy an armored motorcycle suit. It's also very accurate though, but I believe that if you have the time, you could make your own accurate replica suit that lights up. There are tons of forums pm here that will teach you how, and it will be much cheaper than the UD replicas suit. It may not be as accurate, but with time it could be very close.

Thanks to Google this thread showed up in my inbox this morning.:thumbsup

Gearsofhalo,
Sorry we missed your email.
As ep1972 said (thanks btw:thumbsup) the suits are reflective. They are not powered by any battery source so they do not light up. That said, the smallest amount of indirect light will set them off....and then they do appear to be powered.
The one jacket on youtube where you see the lights flickering, is our second light up prototype jacket. Powering these light areas to work as they did on film is doable, but there are a lot of factors we still have to work out before we can introduce this as a commercially available product.

First thing is the cost. That youtube jacket has thousands of dollars worth of electronics in it. The cost of the jacket as is would be well over $10,000.00USD, so we're working on a strategy that will allow for state of the art light up areas, that wont break, rip, or cause any interference with the product itself as a whole. If we can get the light up jacket to perform exactly as needed, with ALL the light up areas working...not just selectively choosing which ones to light...at a reasonable MSRP then we'll have passed the first obstacle.

The second factor is producing them. I have no doubt that if we introduce this jacket (and maybe pants at this point) that do in fact light up..that they will sell. The question then is, what if we sell 500, 1,000 or more? Naturally we then have to produce them, and the first rule of any released product at UD Replicas is guaranteeing production, plain and simple. If we're selling it, you can bet that the final product will be even better than advertised on the website.
We're working on a production plan for these possible light up garments, and only when I am 200% satisfied that we can handle a high volume of sales will we proceed to release these light up goods.

So in short, price and production. If we can guarantee both...then yes, we'll introduce these goods.
We're actively working on them and have been since July of 2010 but they're not as easy or straight forward as it may seem....so the reality is that for the time being they remain a WIP. :)

If you do proceed to purchase the reflective suits, make sure to give me a call with your measurements so that we can discuss sizing.

Here's a look at how they reflect...

photoshoot.jpg

Regarding Delivery:
The deadline WAS the 7th of January for SECOND QUARTER DELIVERY but due to popular request that has been extended to the end of Jan, and remains SECOND QUARTER DELIVERY 2011!

Well, first off they're reflective. Second of all, believe it or not it's not a costume. It's actualy an armored motorcycle suit. It's also very accurate though, but I believe that if you have the time, you could make your own accurate replica suit that lights up. There are tons of forums pm here that will teach you how, and it will be much cheaper than the UD replicas suit. It may not be as accurate, but with time it could be very close.

There are all sorts of light up options being explored by the costumers, and a lot of them have gotten some fantastic results. Much respect to them all even just for investing the time and resources to get their suits to light up. I'm a huge supporter of the costume world, and believe it to be one of the coolest and safest hobbies to have...as a child or adult. Just the build approach on any given costume stimulates creativity on a whole new level and really is a lot of fun! :thumbsup

As for our suits, they're rather bang on to what was seen on film even though yes...they are motorcycle suits, I still believe we've engineered and produced the very best possible 'Movie Replica' option to date...and with the impending release of our Rinzler suit, we're hoping to raise that bar even higher.

While I certainly enjoyed and still do to this day miss making traditional costumes, our focus on movie replica suits has never been more accurate, and our standard of quality has increased tenfold with the introduction of our licensed leather goods.

Quality, Accuracy, and the guarantee that you're in safe hands when you place an order at udreplicas.com is not only our motto...but proven time and time again by the reviews posted by our clients after receiving their goods. :thumbsup

From some of our clients:

BHart5.jpg

BHart4.jpg

BHart3.jpg

BHart.jpg

ANHProd.jpg

BTW...the RPF is still the number one message board with referring hits to our website every single day....you guys are amazing, and thanks you!:thumbsup

If anyone needs to reach me for whatever reason, just call me direct at 905-223-5818.

Cheers everyone!

David Pea
UD REPLICAS

Thanks to Google this thread showed up in my inbox this morning.:thumbsup

Gearsofhalo,
Sorry we missed your email.
As ep1972 said (thanks btw:thumbsup) the suits are reflective. They are not powered by any battery source so they do not light up. That said, the smallest amount of indirect light will set them off....and then they do appear to be powered.
The one jacket on youtube where you see the lights flickering, is our second light up prototype jacket. Powering these light areas to work as they did on film is doable, but there are a lot of factors we still have to work out before we can introduce this as a commercially available product.

First thing is the cost. That youtube jacket has thousands of dollars worth of electronics in it. The cost of the jacket as is would be well over $10,000.00USD, so we're working on a strategy that will allow for state of the art light up areas, that wont break, rip, or cause any interference with the product itself as a whole. If we can get the light up jacket to perform exactly as needed, with ALL the light up areas working...not just selectively choosing which ones to light...at a reasonable MSRP then we'll have passed the first obstacle.

The second factor is producing them. I have no doubt that if we introduce this jacket (and maybe pants at this point) that do in fact light up..that they will sell. The question then is, what if we sell 500, 1,000 or more? Naturally we then have to produce them, and the first rule of any released product at UD Replicas is guaranteeing production, plain and simple. If we're selling it, you can bet that the final product will be even better than advertised on the website.
We're working on a production plan for these possible light up garments, and only when I am 200% satisfied that we can handle a high volume of sales will we proceed to release these light up goods.

So in short, price and production. If we can guarantee both...then yes, we'll introduce these goods.
We're actively working on them and have been since July of 2010 but they're not as easy or straight forward as it may seem....so the reality is that for the time being they remain a WIP. :)

If you do proceed to purchase the reflective suits, make sure to give me a call with your measurements so that we can discuss sizing.

Here's a look at how they reflect...

photoshoot.jpg

Regarding Delivery:
The deadline WAS the 7th of January for SECOND QUARTER DELIVERY but due to popular request that has been extended to the end of Jan, and remains SECOND QUARTER DELIVERY 2011!

There are all sorts of light up options being explored by the costumers, and a lot of them have gotten some fantastic results. Much respect to them all even just for investing the time and resources to get their suits to light up. I'm a huge supporter of the costume world, and believe it to be one of the coolest and safest hobbies to have...as a child or adult. Just the build approach on any given costume stimulates creativity on a whole new level and really is a lot of fun! :thumbsup

As for our suits, they're rather bang on to what was seen on film even though yes...they are motorcycle suits, I still believe we've engineered and produced the very best possible 'Movie Replica' option to date...and with the impending release of our Rinzler suit, we're hoping to raise that bar even higher.

While I certainly enjoyed and still do to this day miss making traditional costumes, our focus on movie replica suits has never been more accurate, and our standard of quality has increased tenfold with the introduction of our licensed leather goods.

Quality, Accuracy, and the guarantee that you're in safe hands when you place an order at udreplicas.com is not only our motto...but proven time and time again by the reviews posted by our clients after receiving their goods. :thumbsup

From some of our clients:

BHart5.jpg

BHart4.jpg

BHart3.jpg

BHart.jpg

ANHProd.jpg

BTW...the RPF is still the number one message board with referring hits to our website every single day....you guys are amazing, and thanks you!:thumbsup

If anyone needs to reach me for whatever reason, just call me direct at 905-223-5818.

Cheers everyone!

David Pea
UD REPLICAS
ya i love the pictures. you guys did awesome! i cant wait to see your rinzler by the way, especially since im working on my own. :D

Sorry if im resurrecting a old thread again...

I have been trying to Email the guys at UD replicas for AGES now, but i still get no reply. Are they still around?

I would love to buy a tron jacket but not sure if they will ship to South Africa.
that and i have a few questions on the jacket too...

can anyone assist me here maybe?

Hey Snakeeyes, try sending a message to David here on the forums, he seems to frequent it quite a bit, and also I believe they're wrapping up from fan expo and the release of their new suits so email responses may be a tad slow, but I think you'll get a quick response with a pm. He's just a few posts above if you don't know his username.

Heya DrRai I sent a message to David from the forums using the PM function and the email to function on the forums. still haven't got a answer :( and now i went and did the stupid thing (or maybe the wiser thing) of going and buying a Dainese jacket thats almost double the price O_O and im still waiting for it to arrive :(

I had a set of Dainese leathers a long time ago and now own one of David's jackets. Let me tell you, the quality is exactly the same for a fraction of the price.

I know David's been extremely busy!

Heya DrRai I sent a message to David from the forums using the PM function and the email to function on the forums. still haven't got a answer :( and now i went and did the stupid thing (or maybe the wiser thing) of going and buying a Dainese jacket thats almost double the price O_O and im still waiting for it to arrive :(

Hey there, sorry for the late response. OK I just checked the messages here and I don't have one from you...are you sure you sent it to me and not RIMMAYR1 instead?
In any case, I can tell you that you certainly haven't gone wrong with a Dainese.:thumbsup
Yes with our TRON LEGACY line we do ship worldwide, and any other questions you may have can be posted here if you like. I always prefer answering questions openly because 9 times out of 10 there are at least 100 other people that have the exact same question...so everyone benefits from the discussion. :)
Otherwise you can PM me if you like. Rimma has not been online very much, but I do try to keep the boards updated as often as I can...but our threads are usually in the PROPS section, sorry I didn't see this until now.

Jaedena you ROCK! :cool

David

Hi David Thank you for the reply

I just hope i am doing the right thing by getting the Dainese jacket, because its putting a HUGE hole in my pocket :(

If I'm not happy with it... maybe I can get the shop I bought the Dainese from, to order a tron jacket from you, for me?? Then i could use whatever is left over (if any) to buy a jacket for the girl friend :p

could you estimate shipping costs for me to South Africa?

Last edited:
Hello, does anyone know when "UD Replicas" will be releasing their RINZLER suit for sale??? I'm so excited to purchase one of "UD Replicas'" amazing suits that I almost want to give in and buy the Sam Flynn suit instead... But I REALLY think I'd enjoy the RINZLER suit a lot more. Ugh! Sorry, I'm just beginning to grow a little impatient. I'm sure the suit will be worth the wait though... So, does any one know???

Last edited:
I have a few questions about the jacket, Dave.

How much perforation is there on the jacket if any?
The inner liner, is it the vest type or a full sleeve type? Is it removable?
How many pockets does the jacket have (interior & exterior)

Hello, does anyone know when "UD Replicas" will be releasing their RINZLER suit for sale??? I'm so excited to purchase one of "UD Replicas'" amazing suits that I almost want to give in and buy the Sam Flynn suit instead... But I REALLY think I'd enjoy the RINZLER suit a lot more. Ugh! Sorry, I'm just beginning to grow a little impatient. I'm sure the suit will be worth the wait though... So, does any one know???

Just found the answer to my question on UD Replicas' Facebook Page... Apparently the Rinzler Suit is supposed to be available for purchase sometime this month!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back