moddable leather jacket?

Kommissar

hey guys, i have a great leather jacket,
one of the FMC biker ones, used to work at a leather shop and got it on the cheap, one of my best purchases.
i really want to add some art to it, for costumes as well as general statement, but... i like my jacket too much!
A69200-4.jpg

ideally i want to work out a way to have some way to "attach" some art on a cloth banner of sorts to my jacket with clips perhaps.. involving a few small d rings or eyelets to clip the 'art' in.

there are several costumes and pieces i'd love to have on a jacket, but none i would want to permanently change my jacket forever for..
any suggestions or ideas on how you might try this yourselves?
thanks!

Try rare earth magnets, fix the ones that go on the banner and hold them in place inside the jacket with the other piece.

You'll have issues with the magnets sticking together if the jacket is folded but it might work.

now thats something i had not considered.
though, don't earth magnets have issues with them sliding apart? pulling them apart is hard, but if you slide them away from each other, across their surfaces they usually disconnect.
think it would be an issue for something to be on my back that could be pulled or snagged off with just a slight downward tug?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back