Good source for a Colt 1911??

Chairman Kaga

I am currently putting together a 30's era costume and I need a good source for a Colt 1911. I'm looking for something better than a plastic, spring airsoft but not necessarily as elaborate as a blank firing prop. I would prefer metal even diecast.
Am I searching for something that simply doesn't exist (ie one's options are limited to an airsoft or a blank firing prop)?

Thanks for your help.

<div class='quotetop'>(Chairman Kaga @ Jul 26 2006, 07:51 AM) [snapback]1288048[/snapback]</div>
I am currently putting together a 30's era costume and I need a good source for a Colt 1911. I'm looking for something better than a plastic, spring airsoft but not necessarily as elaborate as a blank firing prop. I would prefer metal even diecast.
Am I searching for something that simply doesn't exist (ie one's options are limited to an airsoft or a blank firing prop)?

Thanks for your help.
[/b]

if you look under prop guns on Ebayyou will find somthing to fit the bill. A company called Denix do a die cast version which is quite good for the price or you could go for a PFC pistol from Marushin, MGC, etc. I do not know were you live but if you go the blank fire route check your local laws for if you get one that is not allowed you could end up in prison.

Hope that helps

I was in a similar search a while back. I ended up getting this one for $18. It is awesome and the slide isn't painted orange. It just had a plug in the barrel that "COULD" snap off if you weren't careful. ;)

UHC1911.jpg

www.evike.com has them for $18 as well as www.shortyusa.com

Jhusel

Your other option is one of the blank firing ones. They sell for around $85-90 on eBay. There isn't much inbetween.

I am ordering a real 1911 from Springfield Armory next week, the old GI version. I am SUPER excited about that..... :D

Jhusel

I have the Springfield, M-1911A1, you won't be sorry with the purchase.

As for this, you will need to make sure you get a spur hammer version of the gun, not the bobbed hammer. The spuyr hammers are accurate for the time you mentioned

I have one of the 8MM blank firing ones and it is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C...
It's all metal, has a removable magazine, the slide blows back and chambers the rounds semi-automaticly, and although the rounds are a little pricey, they are LOUD.
Scott

That blank firing Colt 1911 would look great CHROMED.

Anyone know if standard Colt grips (i.e pearl) would fit these? Are they accurate sized replicas?

A friend of mine has the airsoft "military" version of this, and it's great fun. I think it's worth the extra price for a gas blowback, but if you're just using it as a display or static piece, the $18 springers are good enough.

Kurt, Kimar makes a shiny chrome (stainless) version of the 8mm blank firing, Umarex, and Bruni also do. I don't think standard grips fit any of them.

Yeah, I agree, I think all of the dimensions are slightly off when comparing any of these replica's to actual parts. A little dremelling is most likely required to get the grips to fit.
Scott

I know you mentioned you'd prefer metal (why? lighter is better for costuming ;) ) but Matsuo has a WWII era .45 available that has "US Gov Property" markings on it :D I've got one. Very nice.

Jesse

<div class='quotetop'>(wyrwolff @ Jul 27 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1288801[/snapback]</div>
I know you mentioned you'd prefer metal (why? lighter is better for costuming ;) )
Jesse
[/b]
You know that is a good point that I had overlooked especially since I will mostly be wearing it rather than posing with it and definitely not firing it. I think the above posted version from jhusel will probably work best. I appreciate all of the help from everyone though.

<div class='quotetop'>(AlltoEasy @ Jul 26 2006, 08:53 AM) [snapback]1288241[/snapback]</div>
tokyo marui have just released a gas blow back version and by all accounts it's ment to rock but i can't find a us retailer who has them, but these guys have them http://www.dentrinityshop.com/index_ne.jsp#

Dan
[/b]

Just received mine from DT. I've had a chance to shhot it a little bit and I love it. I highly recommend it to anyone who might be considering picking one up.

TMM1911A1GovtModel.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back