Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises"

Hrm... She's not the person I would've chosen to play Catwoman based on her looks... she's cute, but she's not smokin' hot like I imagine Catwoman to be. On the other hand, she can ACT which is a bonus.

I'm more than willing to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt. :)

I think Hathaway would look good as Selina if they crop her hair like in the comics (and those EYES :love). I agree that she can act, so I think the choice is a good one.

(edit) Oh, here:

0831-anne-hathaway-haircut-00-480x720.jpg

I don't know much about the batman comics so most i know about these villians i have learned from the tv shows/movies/cartoons.. Catwoman is a good villainess but i feel that character has been used too much before and with Halle berry crappy catwoman movie really should not be in a batman movie again.
Bane......well my thoughts about him is what i learned from Batman and Robin: Big guy, strong, Wrestler mask, stupid....
But when i now read about him on Wikipedi he seems like a great character....How the hell could the have him so crappy in the B&R movie.... Bane (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I loved the Bane character in Knightfall. That was a really spectacular arc. Such a shame what happened to him in B&R, I haven't kept up with the more recent arc, but didn't they make Bane into Bruce's half brother or something?

Either way, any villan that can break the Bat deserves a proper outing on the big screen. Tom Hardy is a pretty bold, but I think inspired choice. I'm pretty excited!

This news gets a big woohoo from me. Nolan extracts great performances. If these two get half as into their characters as Ledger did with the Joker it will still be perfect.

Only as long as they do Catwoman exactly like in that picture... the classy 'noir' style. I'm relatively confident Nolan will get it right.

Well, since Adam Hughes bases his Catwoman on Audrey Hepburn, and Hathaway does that thing, too, my guess is that's how they're going.

People will complain about Anne H as Catwoman the same way everyone complained about Heath Ledger as the Joker, and look how good that turned out. I think she will be good, and I'm curious to see how they work out the Bane part of the story.

Hathaway will be a great Catwoman.

Bane... weird.

I'm game but definitely a weird choice.

I like Tom Hardy a lot though. I highly recommend the flick Bronson.

tom_hardy-bronson.jpg

bronson_hardy.jpg

bronson-415x673.jpg

He can put on the muscle when he needs to.

What kind of trilogy ending story can be told with Bane? Hmmm...

Nick

You've never watched a Christopher Nolan film, obviously.

I've watched several, actually. But to do Bane, you have to have some degree of CGI. Doesn't Bane derive a lot of his strength from the venom formula? I mean, I'm less familiar with the character, but I thought that generally required that he sort of bulk up in a hulk-esque manner (though maybe not quite so pronounced). Nolan may find an interesting, more down-to-earth way to handle this, but I dunno...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back