Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises"

Anne Hathaway can do tough.

anne-hathaway-00-630-75.jpg

Here she is with the recently recast Bruce Wayne.

get-smart-movie-stills.jpg

Nick

He may put on muscle but to represent Bane he will have to be huge. I am a tad disappointed in the decision to use Bane especially out of all the great DC villains there is.

I trust Nolan IMPLICITLY, but I have to say I am a bit disapointed to hear no Ridler (But I am sure I will agree with his choice).

I think this has the makes of a CATWOMAN movie, and an appearance by Bane. I would be more than fine with that.

God hopefully it's 95% Catwoman and 5% Bane.

Or my happy place delusion it's just misdirection and Two Face is back.

Bane looks like a reject from the Mexican wrestling circuit.
I can't imagine what angle he could take on him to make it interesting to me.
I don't even put him in the third tier villian list.

I would really have liked to see The Riddler in this movie, especially if they put David Tennant into the role. I always thought he'd be perfect for it. I't like can live with Bane though, but I don't like Catwoman very much

I'm sure that Hardy will do a fine job performing under Nolan again, but I'm definitely not sold on him being Bane.

I'm with Solo4114 on this.
Bane is really big in the comics and he gets HUGE when he pumps in the Venom. It's not an easy character to transition to the screen in the "Nolanverse" Batman series.

Thinking about it a little, the choice of Bane kinda makes sense now.

Nolan's villains so far have been played as "alternate" versions or aspects of Batman's persona and philosophy.

Bane could represent Batman's physical nature. The brute physical violence that Batman uses to control the world around him.

All the other Nolan villains have been more cerebral so far. Bane as a character could be a way to examine the darker side of coercive physical force.

I believe that is Nolan's thinking on this.

Nick

Last edited:
Well, since Adam Hughes bases his Catwoman on Audrey Hepburn, and Hathaway does that thing, too, my guess is that's how they're going.

Yeah, I meant that but also just the more noir style costume that has become fairly ubiquitous since... what was it? The start of the 2002 Catwoman comic issues by Brubaker, Cooke and Allred? There was just something magical about the way Cooke drew her on those earlier issues. I assume they were responsible for that more noir-ish "look" (?) though maybe there was something before that I missed that lead up to it.

Hughes covers on all of those are masterpieces... well, there aren't really any covers of his that aren't masterpieces IMHO. :lol Personally, I don't think they'd be wrong to just slavishly copy the costume directly from a Hughes illustration. ;)

Give me the friggin Penguin or even the Black Mask...but Bane? Like stated before I hope he sonly a small supporting role but i do have love and faith in Nolan so we will see.

The Halle Berry monstrosity was Catwoman in name only. It had nothing to do with the DC character... that's a big part of why it bombed so hugely.

I'm inclined to agree. With Nolan at the helm, Anne Hathaway has a lot of potential to be an outstanding Catwoman. She is sexy, tall at 5'8", and a great actress. I really hope he makes her "dark" and gives her a very sultry look using make-up. And I also really hope that he stays true to the "Nolan-verse" and doesn't use a traditional catsuit for her, but rather some form-fitting pants and maybe a snug fitting black jacket. And God forbid he put her in any sort of head piece with cat ears and cat goggles! I really hope he keeps her grounded in a "real world" costume.

I can still see a nice sleek cat outfit in the Nolan world I mean good ol bats still worked out well as did the joker but I would hate a jacket , pants combo for Catwoman...uugh gag me with a batarang.

Catwoman is a win.
Forget that Burton crap if anyone is going by that mess.
Have no idea what that Halle Barry thing was about, never saw it.

Comic wise, now days she's a great character when handled properly.
Problem is, she isn't evil, she's an anti-hero.

So I can see needing a straight up villian.

Maybe Nolan is after more of a beating fest this time after all
the Joker mind games, hence Bane.

But please god lose the the mexican wrestler look. Just silly.

The wrestler type pics posted earlier is not the actor to portray Bane.

Personally I'd love a trio of women - Catwoman, Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy - a small band of jewelers thieves or something, with Quinn ranting and raving about the Joker and Ivy experimenting on compounds to render guards suggestive to her control and Catwoman being a master at finding the right place to rob.

That would be my dream trio.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back