Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises"

5371234694_354abb1f71.jpg

;)

Larry, I would totally... errm "date" her.

I just don't really think her personality in anyway fits this role.

And she is VERY pretty.

But not OMFG SEXY like catwoman should be.

Just IMHO.

I don't think Natalie Portman would make a good catwoman either... And she is my biggest hollywierd crush! :p

You guys are nuts:

Flashing an image isn't going to make her a better choice as Catwoman. Just because she "looks pretty" doesn't mean she can act. Hell, I saw her in "Havor", where she showed some skin, and I didn't even find her appealing in that!

She can't act worth the damn, she's not appealing, and would be the WORSE choice for Catwoman. Period.

Well Nolan obviously must have saw something in her screen test and readings.

I don't know her work, so I guess I'm agnostic.

I think everything depends on the material. Halle Berry had an oscar win, is noted for both for her looks as much as her acting and yet her Catwoman bombed.

No problems with Hathaway as Catwoman. You wouldn't expect her as Catwoman out of costume.

I don't think the character has been over-used either. I only count one movie... that Halle Berry movie... well, I don't know what that was, but it wasn't Catwoman.

But Hardy as Bane? Really? Schinzon? Bane is twice the size of Batman and uses drugs constantly pumped into his body to keep him so. I mean, he's massively and crazy strong. The character seems out of place in the Nolan-verse. He might has well have just gone with Clayface (which would have been awesome), it just doesn't seem to fit his hyper realistic approach.

I guess I'll just wait and see though. I like what he's done so far.

Now what are my chances for a sleeker Batmobile and better looking suit?

I had doubts about Ledger as Joker from the beginning, but as I started to see those trailers I completely changed my tune.

Don't jump to conclusions on what you think of these people playing these characters. After all the movies I've seen of Nolan's I am not worried at all.

Bane is a good choice too if the idea is for Batman to retire. Knightfall was an awesome series and I wonder if he's going for something similar.

just cut the mouth off the mask and it makes a world of difference

Yes, because if there's one thing we want in villains who wear masks is to show as much of their face as possible so we know how their emoting. Because the more we know, the more comfortable we are. Sorry dark, less is more.

No problems with Hathaway as Catwoman. You wouldn't expect her as Catwoman out of costume.

The problem with that statement is that you can't expect her as Catwoman IN costume. That's the problem with Hathaway in the role.

You, sir, are crazy.

I think you better stop watching flicks just to see a little skin.

My point is, Hathaway has NO sex appeal. The Catwoman character has sex appeal, even if she DOESN'T seduce a guy. That's my point.

Brittney Murphy would have been the best harley quinn....too bad she is gone

A lot of people agree with that. A lot of people did some fan edited music videos which included clips from some of Brittany's movies and Ledger's Joker from "The Dark Knight." I happen to liked the editing on this one. But since Ms. Murphy is no longer around, there'd have to be another option. Mila is one person I can think of for the role of Harley. At one point, I thought Rose Byrne could play Harley Quinn (and not just the fact that she played with Ledger in another film before, but the fact that she could play psychotic and vulnerable, which the character is at times). But, that's another topic all together.

I had doubts about Ledger as Joker from the beginning, but as I started to see those trailers I completely changed my tune.

Don't jump to conclusions on what you think of these people playing these characters. After all the movies I've seen of Nolan's I am not worried at all.

Bane is a good choice too if the idea is for Batman to retire. Knightfall was an awesome series and I wonder if he's going for something similar.

+1 Sergio, right on.

I don't think this film should be about the end of the Batman's "career" though.

In my view, it should end with Batman as we know him in the comics.

He has his final Batcave, he has his more traditional batmobile, his name cleared, the bat signal over Gotham again.

Hell I want to see even a more comic accurate costume, if even just for a little while for a special mission.

Batman triumphant. Many years of crime fighting ahead of him.

He is still so young.

I'd rather Nolan not close it up and turn out the lights just to lock up his trilogy.

I wonder how Nolan will keep his 'reality' with Bane. Here's a guy who pushes a button and instantly get 100 pounds of muscle. It's very cartoon-ish. Even heavy steroid users take years to get that big.

But then size isn't everything. Ferrigno was always much bigger than Schwarzenegger. Yet Arnold won...everything. [and Schwarzenegger is in my spellchecker but not Ferrigno.]
lou-ferrigno.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back