Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises"

Given that this is a Nolan film, I'm going to bring in a stop watch to see how long it takes for Catwoman to lose the will to live and/or die. My guess is the half way point. Anyone want to bet on the halfway point in the film?

I say you start a petition to get Joss Whedon to direct it.

Mind you, it would never get made... either that, or it would be a flop.

Counting down til someone Photoshops a Bane mask on one of the Bronson stills, in 3...

bane.jpg

Paid attention to the REAL WB press release: Hardy cast as BANE...Hathaway cast as SELINA KYLE...not mentioned her comics alter-ego ; there's the possibility that Nolan will use this character in a new, fresh , vision...maybe completely different than we have seen so far ...maybe WITHOUT cat-outfit...:rolleyes Apart this digression, I must say that, while adoring the Nolan bat-universe , his choices women have always been bad... or at least the very weak parts of his films in general :lol:lol:lol

I say you start a petition to get Joss Whedon to direct it. Mind you, it would never get made... either that, or it would be a flop.

Because every film that flops never garners positive reviews or has a second chance in the home video market. Take Army of Darkness. That film has certainly done a LOT BETTER than "Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot!".

Also, Joss Whedon is directing "The Avengers".

:cool

you mean an actress that is all looks and no talent?

Actually, that would be an insult to all actresses who have all looks and no talent. Anne Hathaway is less than actresses that have all looks and no talent. She doesn't have looks or talent.

Hell, Ashley Judd would still make a better Catwoman than Anne Hathaway.

Anne Hathaway doesn't scream Selina Kyle or Catwoman... At all.

are there only like 4 villians in the Batman world? I mean, again with the same characters?! Hasn't this been done? And done badly with the Bane character? But is that reason enough to make him one of the new villians?

Actually, that would be an insult to all actresses who have all looks and no talent. Anne Hathaway is less than actresses that have all looks and no talent. She doesn't have looks or talent.

Hell, Ashley Judd would still make a better Catwoman than Anne Hathaway.

Anne Hathaway doesn't scream Selina Kyle or Catwoman... At all.

QFT.

I am not a fan of Hathaway.

Would have WAY rather seen Olivia Wilde.

And I don't get all the praise for Hathaways acting ability. I have never seen her as more than a ho hum kinda just "there" kind of actor. Pretty much all of the movies I have seen her in are movies I would rather not see in the first place... so that could be where my dislike comes from. :lol

Because every film that flops never garners positive reviews or has a second chance in the home video market. Take Army of Darkness. That film has certainly done a LOT BETTER than "Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot!".

Oh, [wo]man, I totally forgot what a cinematic masterpiece Serenity was.

QFT.

I am not a fan of Hathaway.

Would have WAY rather seen Olivia Wilde.

And I don't get all the praise for Hathaways acting ability. I have never seen her as more than a ho hum kinda just "there" kind of actor. Pretty much all of the movies I have seen her in are movies I would rather not see in the first place... so that could be where my dislike comes from. :lol

Seriously, Nolan needs to fire his casting director if they continue to go with Hathaway. They need an actress that SCREAMS Selina Kyle/Catwoman by appearance. To me, Ashley Judd, Cote de Pablo and Olivia Wilde all scream Seilna/Catwoman in appearance. They look like they could be somewhat mousey if they dress appropriately for that part of the role. And they all have the same kind of sex appeal that the Catwoman would have.

Anne Hathaway screams Alicia Silverstone from "Batman and Robin" more than she does Catwoman.

I don't mind seeing Nolan's Bane. I have a feeling he will be done right, but I have to agree with Old Ken. I am having a difficult time stomaching Hathaway as Cat Woman.
batman_vs__bane_by_xaede-d31dup0.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back