Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises"

Monsieur Garlic I must disagree.

Tom Hardy was Bronson!

Tom-Hardy-as-Bronson-001.jpg

Amazing transformation, No?

Nick

And I also really hope that he stays true to the "Nolan-verse" and doesn't use a traditional catsuit for her, but rather some form-fitting pants and maybe a snug fitting black jacket. And God forbid he put her in any sort of head piece with cat ears and cat goggles! I really hope he keeps her grounded in a "real world" costume.

I think a one piece catsuit (no pun intended) is pretty real world for the character. The goggles and cat ears I think could be done in a way that's "real world" and tasteful. I really don't think we're going to see her giving herself a cat-bath like in Batman Returns. Although I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing now that I think about it :lol

Really? That's him? HOLY COW that's a transformation...

LOL... I misread the post. I mistook *Bronson flick* to be the name of the guy in the pictures... LOL... no wonder I couldn't find him on imdb.

Hrm... She's not the person I would've chosen to play Catwoman based on her looks... she's cute, but she's not smokin' hot like I imagine Catwoman to be.

I agree. I would have chosen Cote de Pablo or Olivia Wilde for the role. I would have chosen either of them because both are physically capable of performing stunts. Plus, both of those actresses have eyes that remind me of cats eyes, kind of similar to Michelle Pfeiffer, something that sort of reflects the feline femininity of the character.

Last edited:
The Halle Berry monstrosity was Catwoman in name only. It had nothing to do with the DC character... that's a big part of why it bombed so hugely.

That and I think the reason why it also failed was because they tried to turn Catwoman into a superhero. Seriously, I can't recall in any of the comics I've read of Catwoman having supernatural powers or any kind. Granted, some would argue that Tim Burton opened the door with it in "Batman Returns" by having Selina Kyle returning from the dead via "Cat CPR", but you don't see her running on walls, jumping around and kungfuing people in the same way as Halle's Catwoman. Basically, it was the writer's fault for attempt to force a supernatural element into a character who has been established as non-superhero like. Even Batman doesn't have superpowers. Can you imagine what would have happened if Nolan had given Batman powers in "Batman Begins"? It would have sucked so much, Warner Brothers wouldn't have even listened to him for "The Dark Knight."

Really? That's him? HOLY COW that's a transformation...

LOL... I misread the post. I mistook *Bronson flick* to be the name of the guy in the pictures... LOL... no wonder I couldn't find him on imdb.

it was one hell of a transformation....if you google bronson, hardy looks exactly like the inmate....Tom Hardy will be perfect for the role...kinda wish they had riddler instead tho

Bronson Trailer
YouTube - Bronson - Official Trailer [HD]
92ea170e.jpg

Hardy still won't meet the size of what Bane is meant to be and if you wanna talk crazy transformation check out Bale as the Machinist which was the role right before he did Batman

Last edited:
Well, Catwoman is supposed to be a Cat Burglar, so if it has to be a "comic-ish" catsuit and mask/goggles, I hope it's something closer to the 2nd picture. It has more of a real-world look to it and closer to what I interpret the "Nolan-verse" to look like.

Counting down til someone Photoshops a Bane mask on one of the Bronson stills, in 3...

We are talking about Tom Hardy as in Shinzon?????:eek

That was my initial thought, then it occurred to me that while the entire movie was a trainwreck, I think Hardy did the best he could with what he was given. I can only fault his judgement for taking the role in the first place.

I've learned my lesson as regards second guessing Nolan's casting choices - I'll wait and see before deciding.

I don't doubt that Brady can pack on muscle. He seems a pretty dedicated actor, and a talented one at that. I love him as the extremely smarmy Jack in Cape Wrath.

But that said, Amish Trooper has it right -- Bane, at least as envisioned in the comics -- is HUGE. Now, granted, no one from the comics has been represented visually in quite the same way in the Nolanverse, but still, part of the "point" of Bane is that he basically IS a steroid abuser, except his steroids are this incredibly potent chemical. Like a super-steroid.

What makes Bane interesting is his background and his mind, though, and I think that's where Nolan will focus. At least from the wiki on him, Bane is NOT insane the way other Batman villains are. He's fully aware of his actions. He's just...bad. He's also extremely clever, an excellent strategist, and physically incredibly imposing.

Here's a picture of Bane from the comics.

Bane.png

And that's one of the more subdued, realistic depictions of him. Others get even more outlandish.

Honestly, for all its flaws, Batman and Robin seems to have gotten Bane right at least VISUALLY if not in terms of the portrayal.

So, how do you translate that to the Nolanverse? Is he just a bigtime juicer? Does he still bulk up like the Hulk when he shoots up? I wouldn't figure he'll have the frequently pictured tube of venom feeding into his brain. But regardless, while Hardy's transformation as Charlie Bronson is impressive, that's STILL pretty small by Bane standards. You can shoot him from angles that might make him more imposing, but even so...

Given that this is a Nolan film, I'm going to bring in a stop watch to see how long it takes for Catwoman to lose the will to live and/or die. My guess is the half way point. Anyone want to bet on the halfway point in the film?

Schwarzenegger (sp?) at his height of body building fame wouldn't have matched how they draw Bane in the comics. It's not physically possible for a human being to get THAT amount of muscle bulk onto their frame.

Jeez, if the guy can act and the role is written well, I'll forgive it if he's not 8 feet tall and doesn't have biceps 3 feet around!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back