Indiana Jones Jacket by Wested Leather

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got this one in the mail the other day.
I had been wearing my Indy jacket from Toddscostumes.com and it was a great, lightweight jacket but being a member over at COW for the past year has given me the itch to upgrade to something heavier.
This is a Raiders style off-the-rack in washed goatskin, size 38R.
The leather already has some nice subtle distressing so I am going to let this one age naturally.
My fedora was recently sent away for a reblock and I am awaiting a pair of Adventure trousers from Indy Magnoli, so no full gear shots just yet, but here is how the jacket looks (with flash):
DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

Nice! Been thinking about doing the same thing myself.

The adventurer pants are great...though i still am looking for a place to do the military hem

We can do the military hem... just make sure you get your measurements right as the alterations are tricky (and impossible if you get them too short).

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Even though it is heavier and warmer than the Coyle's jacket, I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to cold weather, so I will only be wearing it out in the winter during the daytime when the temperature is in the 40s.
I can't wait until spring so I can get some great full gear shots.
We have a minature golf course in my area that has some rocky backdrops that are PERFECT for Indy shots.

Yeah, not really a winter coat, it's a short jacket so you can't really wear long sweaters or that kind of thing underneath it. Perfect for spring though.

Be careful with that, it has powers. First time I wore my new wested out, I went walking in frederick, maryland. I ended up getting chased by farmers through about a mile of woodland, they were seriously angry that i wandered into their land, felt like i was being chased by Hovitos.:lol

I love my Wested jacket. Todd's a great guy with some very nice products, but I can't really say anything good about his jackets, having tried on a few myself. Really thin, weird collar shape, and incredibly uncomfortable in the shoulders IMO. The Wested jacket though, :thumbsup.

I love my Wested jacket. Todd's a great guy with some very nice products, but I can't really say anything good about his jackets, having tried on a few myself. Really thin, weird collar shape, and incredibly uncomfortable in the shoulders IMO. The Wested jacket though, :thumbsup.

Todd's jackets are pretty good I think - it really all depends on what you're looking for. IMO, Todd's jacket is very comfortable to wear, especially in warm weather and drapes on the body really well.
I read somewhere on COW that Todd wants to revamp his jackets but can't until he sells out of his currents stock...which wont be for a while.

I also recently got a "Super Whip Holder" from Wade Egan. This whip holder, unlike a standard one, will hold your whip without it slipping down. You can run, jump and walk forever and your whip will stay put! It's quite a relief wearing this knowing the whip won't have to be re-coiled every ten feet.
Here are a few pics:
DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

Nice! Looks good on you!

I was thinking of getting another one and you just made me drop the hammer! :lol

Nice jacket! I bought mine over a decade ago and other than needing the liner redone it's held up very well. I wear mine in the rain with no leather protector. That's how I got the sleeve wrinkles in so well. I HAVE put some conditioner in but not as much as I should. Threw it in the dryer with no heat and some tennis balls it knocked down the shine just how I like without needing to use acetone. You'll be surprised how much it becomes a second skin after breaking it in. Congrats and good luck on a wonderful addition to your collection.

In the pics above, I have the leather wrapped facing outward, but to be a little more SA, next time I will have the leather facing inward so you don't see it as much.

I've got a wested 'Raiders' jacket - but it turned up much lighter than I expected. I ordered a worn-look, but would like it to be darker. Does anyone reading this have experience in darkening a leather jacket? Any suggestions on what to use, would be welcomed. Cheers Flynn.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back