Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 7/22) New pep files done & unfolded!

Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP

Wow this looks really good, Ive stayed away from doing the pepakura stormtrooper because I just didnt think it would look good enough. Where did you get the pep files for it?

Thanks, it takes a lot of work to get it to look like that. I used Dungbeetles files, which can be found on the Star Wars pepakura wiki.

When you resize in designer you have to rearrange the pieces within the margins. If you want to pm me your email I can send you my unfold, which is only 15 pages set at 290mm(11.4)in height . Might save you some time.

That would be a big help. Thanks! PM sent.

That looks fantastic, did you glassfiber onto the card, or use the card and bondo as a positive to take a mould from?

Craig

How are you doing your shins? I'm to that point on mine and I can't seem to scale them right enough to look good and to fit over my ankles. Perhaps, cutting them and doing some sort of elastic hinge or something. Idk

That looks fantastic, did you glassfiber onto the card, or use the card and bondo as a positive to take a mould from?

Craig

Thanks. I fiberglassed the cardstock first and then used bondo. I have not made any molds yet.

How are you doing your shins? I'm to that point on mine and I can't seem to scale them right enough to look good and to fit over my ankles. Perhaps, cutting them and doing some sort of elastic hinge or something. Idk

I am building the shins in one piece with a more accurate sniper diamond I made. Once they are fiberglassed, they will be cut in half and joined with velcro or rare earth magnets.

Last edited:

After acquiring a sandtrooper backpack file I have decided to do a sandtrooper. Does anyone know the diemensions of a standard sandtrooper backpack? I want to make sure it is scaled accurately before I start working on it.

Does anybody here own a sandtrooper backpack? If so, could I at least get the height?

Does anybody here own a sandtrooper backpack? If so, could I at least get the height?

I don't have one, but I found a thread on the MEPD that I can make an educated guess is around 17 inches tall. Here's the link to that one: Field Pack Build From the Garage of Scootch - Mos Eisley Police Department Check post #3 where he talks about measurements.

Here's another one with high-res photos with measurements: MH Back-Pack Construction tips - Mos Eisley Police Department

Hope this helps.

I don't have one, but I found a thread on the MEPD that I can make an educated guess is around 17 inches tall. Here's the link to that one: Field Pack Build From the Garage of Scootch - Mos Eisley Police Department Check post #3 where he talks about measurements.

Here's another one with high-res photos with measurements: MH Back-Pack Construction tips - Mos Eisley Police Department

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE

Thank you very much vod. I didn't come across this info in my searches. This will definitely help. Once I finish unfolding the file I will start a test build.

Well, your advice and file really helped me! I've got the helmet done and I'm working on turning it into a mold. But I did have a question.

The pep file doesn't have the chin or ear rise details. Do you or anyone have the accurate measurements for this?

Well, your advice and file really helped me! I've got the helmet done and I'm working on turning it into a mold. But I did have a question.

The pep file doesn't have the chin or ear rise details. Do you or anyone have the accurate measurements for this?

I am glad I could be of assistance. I don't have the exact measurements for the greebles. Since the helmet isn't completely accurate, the greebles will have to be designed in proportion to the helmet. I have been working on templates of those parts to be cast in resin and glued on. Once I finish those parts I will post some pics and would be glad to tell you the dimensions I came up with.

Nice work! your work is great!!
Omg!

I'm trying the helmet myself, but i have problem with the file size
you can help me please ?

may the force be with you always!

please help me niggoh@hotmail.com

Email sent.

Thanks for the assist. I have been bogged down with work and have been working on various projects simultaneously. I will try to get an update posted soon. Also, I have a file that may help you or others at the mercs boards. So check your email soon.

Update:

I have started the initial sanding and have smoothed most of the protruding edges and drips. Still, I have lots of sanding and filling to do. Originally, I had the frown/grill area cut out, but I wasn't pleased with the results so I filled in the back again. I'm thinking of simply cutting out the whole frown and gluing the teeth in for the grill. Hopefully I will have that helmet smooth and painted this week if time and weather permits.

Update:

I have cut out the frown and am working on straightening it up. The dome has been smoothed out and filled in for the most part. Using expanding foam I filled in the hollow ear pieces. I still have a lot of filling to do overall. I'm working on rebuilding the arms and legs at the moment.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back