Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 7/22) New pep files done & unfolded!

Fierfek

Sr Member
Greetings fellow force fanatics!

Recently, I have been working assiduously on a set of TK Pepakura armor modeled by Dungbeetle a while back. I know the model is not screen accurate, but it's good enough for now. So far I have fiberglassed the bucket of which I made a few modifications to the front. Specifically, around the goggles for more accuracy.

The chest and back have been fiberglassed, primed, and painted. I haved pepped the arms and ab plates and am still working on the legs. Also, I have noticed others have assembled Dungbeetle's files as well. Kudos to everyone bringing the universe we love and know to life.

Thank you very much Dungbeetle for all of your efforts, I hope to see more of your excellent work in the near future. So, enjoy the pics everyone and may the force be with you always!

Last edited:
Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP

Those are fantastic. I don't think I've ever actually seen a successful Stormtrooper pep before. Well done on the armor and good luck on the rest of the helmet.

Nice work! I'm working on a more accurate one (asymmetrical) that should be done after I finish the Vader I'm working on.

Those are fantastic. I don't think I've ever actually seen a successful Stormtrooper pep before. Well done on the armor and good luck on the rest of the helmet.

Thanks. Yeah I've never seen a completed pep either, maybe this will be the first one.

Get crakin Dung am still working on my original helmet....but a more accurate one would be awesome!!

Great work on the Armor!!

Get crakin Dung am still working on my original helmet....but a more accurate one would be awesome!!

Great work on the Armor!!

Thank you. I plan to vacuum form a set once I finish a more accurate build.

Excellent work so far! I will be interested to see how the helmet looks when it gets further completed. WHat are you going to do for the lens part and section on the front of the helmet in the area of mouth and grille/filter area?

Excellent work so far! I will be interested to see how the helmet looks when it gets further completed. WHat are you going to do for the lens part and section on the front of the helmet in the area of mouth and grille/filter area?

Thanks I appreciate the complements. I plan to sculpt the greeblies that go on the front and form the lenses from green acrylic material used for TK buckets. The speaker casings will be cast in resin.

Excellent work on the armor so far! It looks really nice and smooth.
I'm also workin on this armor set. BTW, what materials did you use? Sometimes hot glue gets a little messy for me.

Excellent work on the armor so far! It looks really nice and smooth.
I'm also workin on this armor set. BTW, what materials did you use? Sometimes hot glue gets a little messy for me.

Thanks, it took a lot of sanding to get it that smooth. I highly recommend wet sanding before priming, because it really makes a difference in getting the smooth look and feel. I used the standard 110 weight card stock, fiberglass resin, and light weight bondo method. Hot glue in my opinion is the best venue to go with even though it can get messy. All those liquid based adhesives tend to cause warping during the fiberglassing. If you do go with liquid adhesives I would recommend reinforcing your piece with strips of card stock applied over the inside seems with hot glue. Good luck on your build.

Last edited:

How is this build going? I'm about to the bondo-ing stage on my suit and I want to see some more finished stuff to shoot for!

Wow this looks really good, Ive stayed away from doing the pepakura stormtrooper because I just didnt think it would look good enough. Where did you get the pep files for it?

How is this build going? I'm about to the bondo-ing stage on my suit and I want to see some more finished stuff to shoot for!

I have encountered a few minor set backs dealing with scaling issues for the arms and legs. So I have to repep a few parts. Also, the weather has not been ideal for fiberglassing. I plan to have most of the armor finished by spring. The bondo process if done properly is the longest step in the build.

Last edited:

I'm trying the helmet myself, but it came out way too small...so small that it barely fits my 9-year-old's head. When I try to use the designer program to resize it, it wants to print out on over 30 pages. Is that typical, and will it come out right by doing that?

I'm trying the helmet myself, but it came out way too small...so small that it barely fits my 9-year-old's head. When I try to use the designer program to resize it, it wants to print out on over 30 pages. Is that typical, and will it come out right by doing that?

When you resize in designer you have to rearrange the pieces within the margins. If you want to pm me your email I can send you my unfold, which is only 15 pages set at 290mm(11.4)in height . Might save you some time.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back