Freddy vs Jason: Jason's Jacket?

Little Fett

Hey guys,
I'm new here at TRPF, so hello to you all.

I'm planning on making a Freddy vs Jason style Jason costume, and I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips on making Jason's beat-to-heck jacket.
I've read some vague threads, but nothing too detailed. here're some pics of what I'm looking for.

Welp, nobody seems to have any info, so i went ahead and started making my own.

I started off with a tan, course-fabric blazer from my local goodwill. It cost me $3.50:thumbsup

I then looked at some of Rahl's jacket pics for reference, and proceeded to have at it.

I opened up the lining and removed the shoulder pads. I also trimmed the shoulders, as they were alittle too pointy. After I was done with the cutting, I stitched the shoulders back together, along with the lining and moved on to the lapels.

These were too big to be accurate, so I trimmed about 3" off each lapel area. This also removed the buttons and bottonholes. I then cut some new, smalled lapels, rolled in the ragged edge, and stitched tight.

I also trimmed off the pocket closures and cuff buttons. All the stitching was done by hand and intentionally sloppy.

I'm pretty happy with the result. It has the same wide collar as the movie jacket, but the fabric isn't quite the same and it still needs to be weathered. I'll keep you guys posted.

Someone posted above you need to contact Rahl for info. Look him up in the user directory.
But custom making from scratch based on photo reference is the very spirit of the RPF, so have at it and share your progress!

Someone posted above you need to contact Rahl for info. Look him up in the user directory.
But custom making from scratch based on photo reference is the very spirit of the RPF, so have at it and share your progress!

Before I even started this thead, I sent Rahl a message asking for his advice, and have yet to hear back:unsure. So for $3.50 I bit the bullet and I'm very happy with the result so far.

So on to the build. Since I have a passionate hatred for fabric dyes, I hit the inner lining with some matte black spray paint, and although it will make it alittle stiff, I'm happy with the look.

I then took the sleeves to the bench grinder; using a wire wheel to fray and shred the edges. i plan on doing this to all of the super-wear spots on the jacket. One sleeve turned out great, but the other needs another round on the grinder.

I don't think Rahl makes them anymore he said, they are hard to make and very costly. I also had this issue, as I was not sure if I could make one out of burlap. But just the other day I found the exact type of coat luckily, and a similar color, just not burlap. So I am going to try and make it look like the burlap one, and should still turn out awesome. It does not have to be burlap to look great, and a real coat will actually last longer and be easier on your skin if the lining wears through. So I am making my own as well. Yours should be fine, looks good so far. :) Here is mine how I bought it. I am doing a VS costume to sell and as a commission for someone.

Looks great dude! Just chop off the buttons and that'll work great.

Having some trouble with weathering the flat areas of the jacket since I can't reach it with the bench grinder. Palm sander won't work either, it just loosens the fabric. Might have to just go at it with a wire brush.

On a seperate note, I got a cheap FvJ hock at Toys r us. It's kinda cheesy, but I really like it. Straps are junk though. I got some thin black belts at Goodwill to replace them with. I'm gunna have to wait until i make my hood to re strap it, though, so I can make sure it will fit.

I also have a great deal of experience with machetes!

Still working on weathering the jacket. Can't seem to find an efficient way to give the whole jacket that tattered, beaten appearance. I've tried a buffer with a brush wheel, a wire brush, and various gardening implements.

when i made mine, i used a weird old dull kitchen knife i had found, and just ran the serrated edge over the fabric and let it catch and pull, over, and over, and over. it was very.... very time consuming, but since the knife was dull it didnt actually cut, so much as pull and rip threads out of the jacket, that along with some rit dye, being buried in the dirt outside for a few months "(which didnt really do what i had hoped), some black spray paint , bleach,and some fire. and heres my end result

39603_160022527350331_100000277545072_441490_8124304_n.jpg

look up Casey Carter's website: thepropshopsite.

He sells both the shirt, sweater and burlap jacket along with the under mask, machete and hock

LORD! I can't believe you guys... have I been forsaken already? I am Woody, Rahls "replacement" heh. Rahl made some good wares, that is true- but I make some amazing VS costumes- including the infamous burlap jacket.. hand-sewn . They are expensive, but they are the very best you can find. Shipped about 20 of them last halloween all over the world. They are very involved, and are made to order... Check my previous posts- they should be in there... If not, PM me for details. I also have full detailed albums on facebook if you're into that.

Woody

Here's a "stage 3" Final Battle version... and yes I make the machete too, full tang fiberglass blade, resin composite handle/hilt. Mask is 1.25 ABS hand painted, 14 layers + 5 layers of clear coat. Jacket is HAND SEWN with my custom FX. Shirtt combo are from wholesale sellers also weathered and FX added. I also make hand sewn pants to order, weathered and ripped to spec. The hood is from thedevilslatex. Gloves are custom altered gauntlet style biker gloves with hand fabed severed fingers.

I also make a stage 2 Battle (the most popular) and a stage 1 costume. Feel free to PM me with any questions...

Woody

Hey guys, sorry for the delay.

here's the weathering so far. Still don't have a great method. I pretty much just beat it of rip at it with whatever tool I happen to be using at any given time. I've used a wire brush, knives, my boots, a blowtorch, spraypaint, and (when I'm feeling angry) I've beaten the tar out of it with a chain against my driveway.

Still far from perfect, and all this aggressive weathering it starting to tear apart the stitches. It still needs a darker color and more even beating.

That's some pretty amazing work, guys. Keep 'em coming! ;)

Hey guys.

In true Friday the 13th style, I though I'd resurect this thread for the holiday.

OK, so-

I got a new jacket for my jason costume at Walmart for $20. I just finished weathering it using a grinder and wire brush, a blowtorch, acrylic paints, and latex.

I think it looks pretty good.

I also got a blue T shirt and a sweater to go under the jacket, along with some shabby old slacks, which I weathered the legs of. On a related note; I LOVE GOODWILL!

Anyway...
I got a version 3 hood from Frightsuff and I'm very pleased with it. Although some of the paint seems to be wearing off. Oh well, nothing I can't fix.

I put net straps on my NECA mask, and It fits pretty well with the hood, although I think I'll have to add some stuffing to the inside of the hood.

I'll post pics of all this soon.

I still need some gloves, but other than that, I'm almost done.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back