Hellboy Tooth Fairy by Custom Creations! (FINISHED w/ Display!!!)

RelicMaker

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I thought I'd show you guys a little work I'm doing with CustomCreations Tooth Fairy casting.
I bought one of his Toothfairy sculpts a few months back from another member and was excited to add this to the expansion of my Hellboy collection.
CustomCreations did an amazing job sculpting this and set the groundwork on making this even more accurate to what is seen on screen. If enough of you guys are interested in getting one of these, you should all PM him and maybe convince him to do another run of these. The casting is very clean, and solid!!!:love:thumbsup
This will also make a great display with the Tooth Fairy Woodcut I replicated and can be obtained here for free:
http://www.therpf.com/f13/relicmakers-holiday-gift-hellboy-2-prop-103652/

The funny thing about working on this project, is that my kids are of the age that believe in the Tooth Fairy, and were a bit wierded out seeing me working on it.
I had to keep telling them that this was not the real Tooth Fairy and would not come alive after I'm finished working on it!:lol

To make the sculpt even more accurate, a few things needed to be tweeked.
First, I shaved down the eyes, and offset them a bit with 4mm black glass eyes from VanDykes Taxidermy. I think these eyes are normally used for squirrel mounts.
Here's the link: I4HB
Second,I took an exacto knife and shaved & carved the points on the legs and arms to lethal, sharp points.
Third, I added polymer clay to the tips of the fingers to make them longer and sculpted and carved them with some lethal-looking claws.
..and lastly, the wings, are real book-pressed leaves, painted and burned.

This first picture is of the sculpt as it was sold.
ToothFairySculpt6.jpg

ToothFairySculpt1.jpg

ToothFairySculpt3.jpg

ToothFairySculpt4.jpg

ToothFairySculpt5.jpg

ToothFairy10.jpg

All finished!
ToothFairySculpt7.jpg

ToothfairyDisplay1.jpg

ToothfairyDisplay2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hellboy Tooth Fairy by Custom Creations! (Progress Thread)

I love this little creature, soooo cute but can eat you alive.....what's not to like! Great job aswell, looks fantastic!

Wow!!!!! It´s impresive...I´m a great fan of Hellboy. Congratulations on such a good job.

Last edited:

Not that I didn't want one before, now I really want one! Great job.

UPDATE:

Here's the Tooth Fairy all finished!
I just have to finish the shadow box for it to display it alongside the woodcut print.:cool:thumbsup

ToothFairySculpt7.jpg

That is an amazing piece of work and your tweaks made it twice as good! Color me jealous!

Wow, just wow! You've done an amazing job, so wish it was in my collection!

you did some really nice work on that, well done!

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!:):thumbsup

I remember when he did those. He only offered 5 of them and I came in sixth! D'oh! :angry Wanted it very much to go along with my Hellboy collection. Want to put the shadowbox up by my WETA Dr. Grordbort's Alien Bug shadowboxes on the wall of my study.

You did a very nice job on yours, by the way.

That's quite an upgrade. Very nice. Can't wait to actually see it.

Re: Hellboy Tooth Fairy by Custom Creations! (FINISHED!!!)

Finally finished with the wall display for the Tooth Fairy!!!:):thumbsup

This is a shadow box I made from using a frame I bought at Hobby Lobby. The back is lined with Dark Blue Velvet, and the inner dimensions of the frame are 12x24 inches.

ToothfairyDisplay1.jpg

ToothfairyDisplay2.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back