How do you wire a SPST switch to a 9v battery??

DL 44 Blaster

Sr Member
My chest lights already have a 9v battery hub soldered onto the board, but I was wondering what I could do to easily wire in a SPST switch so I can leave the battery hooked up permanently since my Fett costume is only going to ever be on a mannequin. I'd like to leave the current battery hub on and just wire something else up and have another battery hub.....

I thought I had it figured out earlier, but when I switched it to "off" the battery got hot...(shorting out :$ ) so I know there is plenty of electronic wizards here that this sort of thing is a 1,2,3

A simple explanation or schematic will do. I'm just having a brain fart tonight.

Thanks in advance.... :D

Steve

Wire it like you normally would. Now cut 1 wire so you now have two ends. Attach one end to one switch pin and the other end to the other switch pin (if you have three pins use the center one and one of the outside ones and ignore the other outside one.)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back