Star Trek: TNG "Final Mission" Phaser - AKA ST III Phaser

-E-

I've been a fan of this phaser ever since I saw it in ST III. I think it's one of the best phaser designs we've seen in Trek. Since ST III it's made many appearance in Star Trek including ST: Generations, ST: DS9 and ST: TNG (at least two episodes). This replica is based on the one seen in the TNG episode "Final Mission".

The main differences between the ST III phaser and this are the lighter color, leather (suede) wrapped handle, silver trim around the P1, and the white gunk that's stuck in some of the crevices.

This is the picture of the phaser when it was auctioned off. (all pics are clickable thumbs)

It can also be seen HERE

Screen shots from "Final Mission":

Pics of my replica:

Thanks for looking!

Thanks, guys.

I really like the civilianized look to the phaser. I think it's amazing how a few very simple changes can really change the look and feel of a prop.

This was also one of the quickest builds I've done. Since the phaser is supposed to look old and a little abused I didn't worry about making the finished look perfect. The leather handle was the hardest part since I had to use three pieces of leather to cover the whole thing and try to blend seems so they weren't visible.

Overall, I'm very happy with it.

I've always like the design too, except for the muzzle. It reminds me of a water pistol. :lol

I've read that the reason for the leather wrapped handle, was that the actors complained that the prop was too slippery to hold. The kept dropping it, and needed a way to make it easier to hold.

David.

We sold the actual prop early last year at the propworx star trek auction, it came in the cocoon later seen in the episode, a very cool prop, you did a excellent build, looks screen accurate!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back