tron legacy helmets

Youch just eBay searched for ski helmets (they seem to be closest match) and living here in Australia means too costly, will persevere with trying to craft my own from carved filler foam :S

I had considered taking on Sam's helmet if not some of the others. I've had some experience with vacuum forming clear visors and dyeing black visors now for a little while. I loved the movie and would like to find a project to work on from it. I've seen plenty of resource images.. does anyone have a gallery online of screenshots?

These are the images I was using for reference:

tron-sam-helmet.jpg

These are the images I was using for reference:

tron-sam-helmet.jpg
wow, great job mate. i love it. figured i would start on my actual costume before i actualy started on the helmet. what kind of motorcycle helmet is that btw, i might actualy make one of those for my friend next year for halloween, since we are all planning on being tron characters :)

Got underway tonight on my Quorra helmet! Here's an in-progress shot of the sculpting progress. :)

5351399518_ccf991e4a0.jpg

The little straw slivers are marked to indicate the amount of offset I've allowed from my head (the first layer of clay there is to get the mannequin head to match my head size). There's about 1.5" minimum offset.
i like the way this looks so far! i think im gonna see how your helmet comes out then im gonna start on mine so i can see what materials i exactly wanna use. ive got until september to make it and the costume anyway, hahaha :)

wow, great job mate. i love it. figured i would start on my actual costume before i actualy started on the helmet. what kind of motorcycle helmet is that btw, i might actualy make one of those for my friend next year for halloween, since we are all planning on being tron characters :)
These look more like Ski/Hiking helmets

I am making my own inspired costume another program with red piping, I am thinking a security program of CLU's or something but with more of a Sam Flynn like helmet instead of Rinzlers ant-head helmet.

I am making my own inspired costume another program with red piping, I am thinking a security program of CLU's or something but with more of a Sam Flynn like helmet instead of Rinzlers ant-head helmet.
that sounds pretty awesome. im trying rinzler. i want to see someone do a black gaurd suit with the wings and all. that would be cool

Hmm the "para-blackguard" wings that would be awesome costume addition.

I would love to do a black guard but the armor is a little too complex for me right now. As for the wings they make you look like one of the Monarch's henchman!

Hmm am thinking of modifying a cheap bike helmet now as foam filler option too much work for me who works 10 hour days and has a baby to help look after,(might not look as good but hey I am not replicating here

Hmm am thinking of modifying a cheap bike helmet now as foam filler option too much work for me who works 10 hour days and has a baby to help look after,(might not look as good but hey I am not replicating here
ya theres no need to replicate because i cant replicate exactly either but yknow as lonjg as my work looks close im fine with it.

Could any of these molds be used to make a motorcycle helmet? maybe made out of kevlar?

For Tron helmets, those who are looking for a good blackout method, while still being able to look through the visor, I came across a product that would be just about perfect for this. It's called VHT Nite Shade. It's used for blacking out tail lights on vehicles, while still allowing plenty of light through. It may be available at auto parts stores, but Amazon has a very handy combo pack. It comes with a can of VHT and a can of clear coat. These two, used in the proper way, will give you a glass-like finish to the visor, which as we all know is very very important to the look. There are numerous how-to videos on YouTube that tell you how to apply the stuff.

Good luck with making whatever you are making and, in the spirit of David Tennant, ALLONS-Y!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For Tron helmets, those who are looking for a good blackout method, while still being able to look through the visor, I came across a product that would be just about perfect for this. It's called VHT Nite Shade. It's used for blacking out tail lights on vehicles, while still allowing plenty of light through. It may be available at auto parts stores, but Amazon has a very handy combo pack. It comes with a can of VHT and a can of clear coat. These two, used in the proper way, will give you a glass-like finish to the visor, which as we all know is very very important to the look. There are numerous how-to videos on YouTube that tell you how to apply the stuff.

Good luck with making whatever you are making and, in the spirit of David Tennant, ALLONS-Y!!!!!

I was going to do similar, get spray-can window tint and a can of spray-on clear-coat, but this seems like it may do the job as well... Considering it's the same thing...

The only thing that's different really is that it comes in bigger cans at a decent price. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back