Star Trek NEW Concept Phaser design 2011

well, opinions, as they say, are like a-holes, everyone has one...and here's mine...

I love both designs...so cool to see such explorations...and I think these designs are a much better blend of what we know from TOS and what could have been.

On a side note, one problem I have with any design is functionality...yeah, I know these aren't real, folks, but if they were, how hard would it be to actually READ all the small type on Next Gen style Tricorder readouts. Maybe eyesight evolved in the 23rd century, but really...has anyone really looked at how small the type is on many of the tricorder designs?

As much as I liked the 2009 Trek Movie props, the tricorder has the same problem...too tiny display.

Ahhh, gone are the days where Spock would carry around his textbook size tricoder with blank gray screen and, without hardlly glancing at the readout, he would somehow still know which direction the alien lifeforms were coming from.

Back on topic -- LOVE the new designs...so much fun. For those that keep laying into them...why not show us YOUR designs.

I like this, but I think it is the colors and texture that really make it work. I think a rework, strictly the colors and texture, of the new phaser design could look just as nice if not nicer.

well, opinions, as they say, are like a-holes, everyone has one...and here's mine...

I love both designs...so cool to see such explorations...and I think these designs are a much better blend of what we know from TOS and what could have been.

On a side note, one problem I have with any design is functionality...yeah, I know these aren't real, folks, but if they were, how hard would it be to actually READ all the small type on Next Gen style Tricorder readouts. Maybe eyesight evolved in the 23rd century, but really...has anyone really looked at how small the type is on many of the tricorder designs?

As much as I liked the 2009 Trek Movie props, the tricorder has the same problem...too tiny display.

Ahhh, gone are the days where Spock would carry around his textbook size tricoder with blank gray screen and, without hardlly glancing at the readout, he would somehow still know which direction the alien lifeforms were coming from.

Back on topic -- LOVE the new designs...so much fun. For those that keep laying into them...why not show us YOUR designs.

I never thought that Star Trek Technology might be outdated ... but when Roddenberry and crew created the original designs, they did not own a DROID 2 or IPAD touch .... :love

I think that Trek could use an update on uniforms .... kind of like .... this:

AH, new uniforms...now THOSE I can see.

Some cool stuff, bolo -- love the alien costume and other costumes you made for your kids - they must LOVE having you around the house!!!!

That phaser design really does seem to fit into the ST universe and is a neat concept. Anyone considering building one?

Meh...

The phaser design looks like a haphazard mash up of previous designs in an effort to make something that appears to be a transitional piece. Not digging the tricorder at all... It's like he started with a "curve theme" and tried to see how far he could take it.

Interesting fusion of various pistol designs. The grip does seem a little too thin but I like the design overall.

That's a cool phaser design. I'll admit that the phaser they used in the 2009 trek movie was cool. This looks cool. It's sort of a cross between the TOS phaser and the Assault Phaser from Star Trek VI.

I got to playing with a phaser design on my AutoCAD after being inspired by all the cool sketches done by franz bolo.

I admit I'm more than just a bit old school when it come to the phaser design, but I thought I'd just toss it up here for folks to look over.

attachment.php

Someone with a 3D printer should ask that guy for the rights to print it up! I'd buy them.

The Phaser is AWESOME (I hated the JJ Phaser, didn't fit with anything else in the universe at all, chrome?! Like Amidalla's ships in SW - WTF?!).

The tricorder is cool and all, I like that it's different.

Someone with a 3D printer should ask that guy for the rights to print it up! I'd buy them.

The Phaser is AWESOME (I hated the JJ Phaser, didn't fit with anything else in the universe at all, chrome?! Like Amidalla's ships in SW - WTF?!).

The tricorder is cool and all, I like that it's different.

I agree

I love that design !!! AWESOME job :love

I don't know if you have seen Scott Nakada designs and props : :love

Talk about CONCPET PHASERS based on Cannon designs - YES !

SEE ATTACHED:

Gordon

I got to playing with a phaser design on my AutoCAD after being inspired by all the cool sketches done by franz bolo.

I admit I'm more than just a bit old school when it come to the phaser design, but I thought I'd just toss it up here for folks to look over.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back