Star Trek NEW Concept Phaser design 2011

I love that design !!! AWESOME job :love

I don't know if you have seen Scott Nakada designs and props : :love

Talk about CONCPET PHASERS based on Cannon designs - YES !

SEE ATTACHED:

Gordon

Thanks for the praise. Yeah, I have seen Scott's awsome Phaser pistol concept. It impressed me so much that I got one of his kits some time ago. I still need to assemble the thing one of these days.

Interesting, but I agree with the comments here, that the grip's too thin.
Overall it seems a little too slick, kinda like an iPhaser, with all the control surfaces set flush.
Not for me to be honest - but thanks for posting, not only this but the other designs - as I love seeing concepts and upgraded (for want of a better term) designs. :)

My Bridge concept.
TOSUPGRADES3.jpg

I dunno....the phaser concept looks just like they took the original tv series phaser and used photoshop to cueve and smooth it out....also, the clear emitter tip thingy is completely lost.

I liked the design in the JJ film. It was bold and different.It could maybe have used some contrasting panels, but overall i think it was a nice design, even the switcheroo barrels.

I believe there is just too much clinging to the past going on sometimes. Let's see something new and exciting!

Rich

The only problem I have with it is the handle. It's too thin. Hand-weapons/handguns have very solid and thicker handles, for a better grab. You need to have a good grip of the weapon, so it can point and fire were you want it to hit. The top I really like.

Yup, I was gonna say that. As anyone who's ever held a Star Trek III phaser can tell you, a tapering handle is an awkward thing to grip.

Pretty neat, though.

It isn't just the handle but the trigger is awkwardly located, at an angle to the direction of finger pull and nearly flush with the body. It would be hard to guarantee positive contact. I like the look of the main body, though. It would be nice to see the phaser 1 separately. I bet it's curvature makes it easier to hold and aim than the original.

Thanks for the praise. Yeah, I have seen Scott's awsome Phaser pistol concept. It impressed me so much that I got one of his kits some time ago. I still need to assemble the thing one of these days.

I have a kit sitting in a box too, but went back to his site anyway and he sells buildups with lights and metal parts now (metal parts seperately too). The new classic trek nozzle is the version being used on the new Trek series film called "Star Trek Continues" (see below). There's a version with the classic trek nozzle as an option too. I feel my wallet opening up.

From Star Trek Continues trailer

nakadaphaser_classicnozzle_zps4148d716.jpg

phase-3.jpg

This doesn't feel very "Trek" to me but I love the design all the same. I would love to see this show up in some other sci-fi flick down the road.

Just finished my kit that I had mentioned before in this thread. I really liked the idea of using the classic emitter, but since my part time job doesn't permit extra dollars to be spent on other parts that I know are available, I scavenged the emitter off of a Rubies phaser that I've disassembled for another project. (Pictures of that project will come around when it's completed in a different thread.)

SAM_0211a.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back