Star Trek NEW Concept Phaser design 2011

Harada357

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As I was surfing the net I ran across an AWESOME Star Trek Concpet Phaser Design. I always look forward to new phasers and alien props as new Star Trek features are released. This is a 3D model and an original design. Here is the direct link for those who just like Trek Design. Enjoy :love

Star Trek PHASER design 2010 – Author A.J. Catalano

Phaser Design by A. J. Catalano - Textures by Basel Bazlamit

What do you think? Comments? :thumbsup

That is slick. Kudos to the designer, and to you Harada357 for your excellent 3D model of it.

I love it. Looks like a cross between a TOS phaser and an Enterprise phase pistol. I would have liked to see something like this over what they had in the last movie.

That is slick. Kudos to the designer, and to you Harada357 for your excellent 3D model of it.

Sorry guys ... I did not design or model it - I just saw it and thought it was of interest to prop makers, star trek fans, and 3D modelers. I do use Rhino and model some 3D props - but I thought this one was cool.

The direct link is to the authors web site and there are more props and models of interest. He built a variety of trek related props. Took a look at his whole site and portfolio !!

Here is a Tricorder to go with the Phaser !! :love

Those are pretty nice! Where is the St. Louis Kid when we need him? I"m sure he could put together some amazing real-life versions of these in no time flat!

Wow, love the phaser. Wish the Abrams movie had used something more like that instead of the stupid flippy-barrel thing. Love to see this one in physical form.

The tricorder is... OK, not that great.

Jim

I dunno, I get the feeling this design wouldn't have worked, because it seems a little too...ridiculous and a little to big. Compare it to the one they had in the actual movie, it was thin and small, and compare it to the one they had in the Original Star Trek series, that too was thin and flat. Up until the Next Generation, they had been thin and flat, even in the moves. But those got a bit fatter towards Star trek III and Star Trek V.

I like it. The P1 however looks like it might be a little awkward to hold by itself. Would have liked it better if the top would have been less rounded. I do like how both the emitter and also the nozzle seem to retract. I like it better then the flip nozzle version in the last movie.

The only problem I have with it is the handle. It's too thin. Hand-weapons/handguns have very solid and thicker handles, for a better grab. You need to have a good grip of the weapon, so it can point and fire were you want it to hit. The top I really like.

Eh, not feeling it. To the extent that the phaser has features of the Trek 5 assault phaser, yeah sure. The "cowl" look and the underslung conical muzzle. Those features I would keep, but the rest of it doesn't look good imho. Especially the curved p1 (is it supposed to be removable? weird).

The tricorder... again, meh. Too much going on and it looks super tiny.

k

Wow, that phaser looks like crap!! Seriously that thing is a terrible design. :thumbsdown

Looks like a hair dryer or something. The profile is way too high and the handle too skinny. Too bulbous in the front area and the parts don't seem to coexist with each other. The bottom curve needs to make up it's mind. Be a curve or be a straight line!!

The heat sink is too small and doesn't flow with the body. The force indicator dial and the settings wheel look like they're going to fall off the edge. They should be closer to the light in the middle.

FB

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back