"Ready Room Scale" Stargazer parts ID and build

I can see that this is going well past ready room kitbash and turning into something more like a studio model. Nice work thus far! As for me, I've been slowly adding elements to my kiddy. Getting a proper sized Orgus flyer or tank at the price I want to spend is the only real holdup, but if my discretionary budget times it right... I'll pounce on that as well.

As JMChladek noticed, this build is a hybrid of the Ready Room prop and Greg Jein's larger studio model. If I prefer the detail on one, I can simply ignore the other.

For the impulse engines, I'm going with Jein, who crafted a much more robust-looking unit than what was kitbashed on the prop. He also added a little in-joke. (Notice the "earmuff"?)

13616979263_46146e2131_b.jpg

The asymmetrical ribbed panels will be added after casting since they're not supposed to be mirrored, but in the same orientation on both port and starboard.

Hey, stevie! Life kind of got in the way of this build (and other things) for a while. I've just moved house and need to set up my new shop. Planning for the Stargazer to be the first build to roll off the production line.

Some exciting news, guys--

A collector who owns the mega-rare Xabungle capsule toy that was used on the Ready Room Stargazer has said he might be willing to mold his example and make copies for a few interested parties. This is far from a done deal, but please PM me if you'd like one.

EDIT: I may have found one for sale!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back