Captain America shield

That's Not Bad, it's almost the correct scale:

EA-SHIELD-CA-TAN_4_mark.jpg

There is a new Captain America shield marketed towards airsofters but it looks fun. I'm not a captain america guy but I'd thought I'd share. I can see having fun in airsoft/paintball game though!

Search results for: 'CM 2FT Plastic Captain Shield'

Chris

Anyone get one of these yet? I'd really love to know if they are worth getting. Unfortunately I don't have the cash to just buy one without being 100% certain right now.

Pretty curious about this myself.

I found a local guy who can make vinyl stickers to just place on a red shield base, so I can avoid having to paint and redo a metal sled, but it would be a little easier to just paint up one of these to match the movie or comic.

Chris

I have a costume one that is indeed cheap and flimsy, though it's made of metal - a very bendy, easily dented aluminum, perhaps?

It would be great if that plastic one was a thick, heavy plastic.

It doesn't matter if the shield is thin....it could be reinforced in a number of ways...(not sure how FG-ing would affect the plastic...)....a little sheet styrene work on the star, some carefull masking and application of aluminium spray paint and BINGO!!!! Movie Cap Am shield!

Rich

It doesn't matter if the shield is thin....it could be reinforced in a number of ways...(not sure how FG-ing would affect the plastic...)....a little sheet styrene work on the star, some carefull masking and application of aluminium spray paint and BINGO!!!! Movie Cap Am shield!

Rich

I suppose. I've never used fiberglass before, is it relatively easy? I've seen the kits you can buy for car repair at home depot.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back