New Indy Mogul Tutorial: BTTF2 Hoverboard.

CB2001

Master Member
First off, I apologize if this has been posted. I did a search for "Indy Mogul, Back to the Future" and "Indy Mogul, hoverboard", but nothing turned up in the search. If it's been posted, than the admins have the right to lock it. If not, then hopefully, we have another interesting tutorial on making a prop replica on the cheap.

Well, I just got the update on my subscription lists on YouTube and Indy Mogul has decided, to mark the 25th anniversary of "Back to the Future" to make a BTTF 2 Hoverboard. It only took $20 for him and its made out of foamcore board, but it's still an impressive replica: YouTube - Back to the Future 2 Hoverboard : DIY

Also, if you hang out after the end of the video, there's a "Indy Mogul Extra" with someone who made their own DeLorean time machine (which is used in this video). It's also worth checking out.

Neat project, I've always wanted to make a cheap hoverboard just to stick in the back of my car.

Kind of frustrating though, when you go to the site to get the "decals" as he calls them, the last piece of both sides of the board is missing.

**edit

I just realized that it looks like the graphics hes using are the same ones that have been available here on the RPF for quite some time.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/jdoud2/bttf_hoverboard_vector.pdf

I'm not sure who made these graphics, but Zack should give credit to who ever made them, or at least acknowledge he didn't make them himself.

Last edited:
Neat project, I've always wanted to make a cheap hoverboard just to stick in the back of my car.

Kind of frustrating though, when you go to the site to get the "decals" as he calls them, the last piece of both sides of the board is missing.

**edit

I just realized that it looks like the graphics hes using are the same ones that have been available here on the RPF for quite some time.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/jdoud2/bttf_hoverboard_vector.pdf

I'm not sure who made these graphics, but Zack should give credit to who ever made them, or at least acknowledge he didn't make them himself.

I made the post over at the actual video, saying that if Zack borrowed them from another source, he should give a shoutout to the person who made them. Someone replied saying that Zack himself is a graphic's artist and that he could have made them himself, but I replied to that saying that he should at least acknowledge if he made them or were found from somewhere else to avoid any confusion about the topic.

This may be a dumb question...but how do your print the decals out to measurement size?

From what I gathered in the video: You print them out and then use them to cut the outline of them. Unless there's something else I'm missing.

Hello,

What material can I use to make the hoverboard. Is it wood or foam board ?
Is someone can give me the very right sizes of the board (widh, length and thickness) ?
Thank you in advance.

Welcome to RPF. The first post clearly says "its made out of foamcore board".

As far as the measurements, click the Search button in the top right and type "hoverboard" that will answer most any question you have.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back