Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Does anyone have a photograph of the upper quad guns , close up and in focus where your looking straight down the barrels I'm trying to ID parts on the barrel and a view down through the centre could confirm it.
any shots I've seen are either out of focus or the usual sides of the guns

Does anyone have a possible clue to the parts in the image? from the top jaw. I can see the Missouri part and the Hetzer manifold. The louvered piece the tanks and the piece(s) under tank have me a little stumped. Thank you!

2016-10-17_09-00-30.png

Hi

They are from the Tamiya 1/35 Saladin, with the curved brackets next to them from the Tamiya 1/35 PAK 40. I think the bracket running behind them is from the 1/12 Ferrari 312B but not 100% sure yet. I've actually nearly done with a big map covering the front- top view which I will post up soon.

Nick

Does anyone have a possible clue to the parts in the image? from the top jaw. I can see the Missouri part and the Hetzer manifold. The louvered piece the tanks and the piece(s) under tank have me a little stumped. Thank you!

View attachment 673782

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread 18 Oct 2016**

Hi

I've just added some links to the first page of this thread. I've linked to some revised maps where there were some corrections / updates required. The biggest update is that I have done quite a bit of work on a new version of map MF011 which now takes in a large portion of the front /top area of the ship. The PS file is HUGE which means everything is editable

Its still a WIP but I really need to park this for a while as I have other stuff to do at the moment. I thought if I posted it up folks could chip in with any corrections or advice on remaining parts etc The main aim was to bring as much info as possible together on the one map

This is a small preview of the map

MF011_Front_aspect_NEW_small_preview.jpg

Here is another copy of the link to the big version of this map for convenience

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AgdFL5urFwoihVnrBPFT8U70y7ks

PS: I don't have a note as to who took the photo. If anyone knows or its your photo, please let me know so I can credit you. Its a terrific image!

Cheers
Nick

Beautiful map and incredible source images you have there! Thanks for providing me inspiration to make my own parts maps! The resolution on that image is fantastic, keep up the amazing work on it! I hope those familiar with the Falcon can help fix any issues or give you more info to add to it :)

Thanks. Not sure how many are still out there who are following this though.

BTW Can anyone remind me how to edit the main thread title so that I can signify more effectively that new links have been added to the first post. I managed it once years ago but for the life of me I can't see how to do it. Its bound to be something incredibly obvious that I'm missing...!

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread 18 Oct 2016**

In re-looking at this map, I'm still wrestling with some of the underlying parts used under the central assembly and what has/hasn't been identified as from the 1/6 CB750 Racing bike. Looking at the kit scans (as I haven't got this kit yet), it looks very close but not sure the details quite match up?

Any experts/ actual Falcon builders out there able to put the matter to rest one way or the other please?

MF002_1.5_revised_sml.jpg

Cheers
Nick

Attachments

• MF002_1.5_revised.jpg
    MF002_1.5_revised.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 314
I'm in. Building a few other things first, but the Five Footer will be a serious front burner for me as soon as a few other things wrap up.
I'm meanwhile in the "gathering parts" phase.
(Escape Pod "latch" not on the Falcon of course)

49840569420__986D0869-92BC-4135-8CE7-A905A4418F38.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

And thank you so much, every one, for the work on this model!

Attachments

• m60.JPG
    m60.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 211
As an off duty New York cop once said.... ' Welcome to the party pal....'

Until I move house I'm stuck in the part ID and prep phase. I need the space to actually build this big bird. One day....

I'm in. Building a few other things first, but the Five Footer will be a serious front burner for me as soon as a few other things wrap up.
I'm meanwhile in the "gathering parts" phase.
(Escape Pod "latch" not on the Falcon of course)

View attachment 674638

- - - Updated - - -

And thank you so much, every one, for the work on this model!

In re-looking at this map, I'm still wrestling with some of the underlying parts used under the central assembly and what has/hasn't been identified as from the 1/6 CB750 Racing bike. Looking at the kit scans (as I haven't got this kit yet), it looks very close but not sure the details quite match up?

Any experts/ actual Falcon builders out there able to put the matter to rest one way or the other please?

View attachment 674510

Cheers
Nick

This pic should help of the CB750R part of my mocked up assembly.

Attachments

• DSCF1998.JPG
    DSCF1998.JPG
    752.9 KB · Views: 485
  • DSCF1999.JPG
    DSCF1999.JPG
    745.5 KB · Views: 353
Thanks. Not sure how many are still out there who are following this though.

BTW Can anyone remind me how to edit the main thread title so that I can signify more effectively that new links have been added to the first post. I managed it once years ago but for the life of me I can't see how to do it. Its bound to be something incredibly obvious that I'm missing...!
If you edit the first post , then edit again I think you can change the title

Many thanks Stu. That finally puts that one to bed.

Cheers Vacformedhero. I'll have a play around again with editing....

Cheers
Nick

Hi

I've noticed another info error, this time on map MF003. See below.

MF003_engine_deck_query.jpg

I've looked through a lot of relevant 1/12 car kits and other major falcon donor kits, but no joy. Not sure where that ID came from really. Can anyone correct the info please so I can tidy up the map?

Many thanks

Nick

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back