Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Can I just say , WOW , to the effort in Identifying all of this . I have never seen the model in person but just from the ID'ing it seems like a monumental task to re-build one.

MF009_STB_rear_maint_pitcopy.jpg

The small yellow part is from the Bandai 1/48 Hetzer.

MF007_Port_mandible_insidecopy.jpg

The yellow part is from one of the old Revell carrier (not the Midway class one, I think I have the kit but I lost this part as most of the parts came off the sprue. Cant remember the name of the carrier, I'll check it, maybe the Saratoga)

MF005a_nose_section_query.jpg

The yellow parts (not the brackets) are from the 312B.

Hey thanks guys for all your comments, what a storming kick off. I'll try to update these images soon with the info you've given.

Hey Lee. Thanks for checking. The '73 Tamiya catalogue has a parts layout for the Matra but I can't see any obvious matches. However the parts are quite hard to make out so you could be onto something. Looks like the pipework I've queried in MF004 look to be from a 1/12 car but can't find a match so far, though the Matra has quite similar parts.

Cheers Whisley on the extra use of the Centurion hull. That's handy then:)

Thanks Alan56 on the steer for those brackets, just couldn't get a bead on those at all.

Also thanks for the info that its a 1/24 M60 grill that's used... :cry Had an awful feeling that might be the case. Do you have any other sprue scans you could share for the big M60 so I can try to ID any other parts?

Julien: You are a force to be reckoned with on this stuff (no pun intended) Thanks for the steer on the ship part. I'll start to see what I can find and check back with you.

Flintlock: again many thanks for your help. I consider you to be a real expert at this stuff.

I must be mad doing this with most of my kits in storage, however you can't fight the urge to make big spaceship replicas when it strikes you, especially the MF!

re MF009 can anyone nail that last yellow disk on the side of the docking section. I could call that partmap done then :confused

re MF0010 underside pic, is the detailed yellow engine type part I've question marked, the same as used on the top of the Cylon raider? could it be a 1/12 car like the Porsche 935 maybe?

Thanks again guys. Hope this is helpful to some of you as well as me. Lots more to go yet...gulp....

Nick

MF009 Disk - most likely a large scale Kubelwagen (maybe Bandai 1:24). The same part is in the 1:48 (used on the Y Wing neck) and also in the 1:35 Tamiya. Only this one is bigger.

I can't give you a positive ID though, and the scale might even be bigger... But it looks like the same part.

MF010, where you mention the yellow part that looks like the base of a turret, always looked to me like the rear top engine deck of an M60 style tank. It's a shape unique to these tanks.

Meh, sorry. It looks like this is incorrect. Or ... maybe not. You can't see the other side of a few of the discs...

Last edited:

Hey Nick,

Many, many thanks for kicking this off, this will help immensely not only myself but heaps of others too.
I guess like many here, Iv'e been collecting the kits required for a number of years & have ammassed a great deal, but boy some of the part I'ds are a real challenge, thank god for guys like yourself & others here willing to reveal these I'ds.

Cheers
Stu

Nick, maybe discount the Matra, cant see much in there in the ID's i picked out.
That tranny in MF010 is a bit odd, cant find a Porsche with the same tells, at least from Tamiya, but it does look "similar" to the pattern on the Entex 32" part.....very odd.
Ive looked at a few F1's, DFV is obviously out, but 312b etc, still turn up nothing close yet checked the old Datsun and 1/16 Tamiyas too, nada :unsure

lee

Hiya,

Yup, you are dead right. Courtesy of the sprue pics kindly posted here of the M60 its a definite match, albeit with a round hatch added to it.

Cheers for the note on the big Kublewagon disk. I'll see if I can pick one up, both for that and the engine deck bonnet cover part.

Thanks again guys.

N

MF010, where you mention the yellow part that looks like the base of a turret, always looked to me like the rear top engine deck of an M60 style tank. It's a shape unique to these tanks.

Cheers for the note on the big Kublewagon disk. I'll see if I can pick one up, both for that and the engine deck bonnet cover part.

Nick, I am not very certain about that part. It looks to me to be from the Kubelwagen, but I don't know what size/scale, and it could be from something else even. Maybe we could get some help to nail it down with at least a little more certainty before you fork over your hard-earned cash.

Heh Nick, I'm just uploading 90 or so pics of the 5 footer that I took in Sydney. I'll zip the file & add it to my public download site so you can take a look if it helps?

No problem, they're going nowhere for a long time. Please feel free to use them as you wish when you get em. Hopefully there will be some shots you need. Like with the PD I lost a ton of them from my computer, these where the shots I took on my first fleeting visit. I did have the hole bird mapped out with around 200 shots on my second visit....never to be seen again!

Yes they download alright. Ha, it's funny looking at this because I have so many parts I need I could probably throw together a damn decent 5 footer... provided that I cast duplicate parts. I don't have the M8 Carrier - though I need one for the X Wing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back