Han Solo ANH-Greedo Killer Blaster buildup

Lichtbringer

Master Member
To be honest - the GK is not my most prefered version of the DL-44 Blaster. But as it is part of the history of Solo´s Blasters, i need to have one. ;)

As mentioned in my ANH-Hero thread http://www.therpf.com/f9/anh-hero-buildup-mgc-real-hensoldt-104056/ , i have now a leftover Denix - and decided to use it for this build.

Formerly it was the ANH-Blaster from my other buildup thread:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/han-solo-esb-anh-all-metal-blasters-step-step-92790/

Since some weeks i´m collecting the parts that are needed for this version.

I got this superb cast scope from Tony´s (Adamata) last run:

Bastelei002.jpg

Then i scored these scoperings with the searching help of Marcus (Kurtyboy):

M38013.jpg

M38014.jpg

And one week ago this baby arrived from out member thawn_es:

GreedoKiller003.jpg

GreedoKiller002.jpg

I already had made the discs on my lathe:

PB140019.jpg

On the pic they are blackend with Birchwood Aluminium Black, that gives them a interesting nice vintage look:

PB140022.jpg

PB140020.jpg

PB140021.jpg

But when finished they will be painted black, of course.

Last edited:
Re: ANH - Greedo Killer buildup

Two days ago, after finishing the Hero with the MGC-Mauser, i started the work on the GK with the now leftover Denix body.

First i made the bar:

GreedoKiller001.jpg

Then i took the Denix, and marked the needed holes according to the bar.
A center drill was inserted in the drill-press:

GreedoKiller004.jpg

And it was used to drill the feed holes:

GreedoKiller005.jpg

Next the holes were drilled to the core diameter for tapping.

GreedoKiller006.jpg

Ignore the bigger holes - they are from the former buildup as a ANH-Hero. And they will be completly covered when the new scopemount is assembled. The one on the front will be used for fastening, too - it just needs a big shim and a nut inside the magazine.

Next step is tapping the holes:

GreedoKiller007.jpg

Followed with marking and drilling the flat alu-sheet piece:

GreedoKiller008.jpg

Checking the fit:

GreedoKiller009.jpg

I think i can give it a go:

GreedoKiller010.jpg

Marking the cutout, and drilling it´s edge with many small holes - not to far from the edge to keep the amount of filing low, but not to close to ensure a wandering drill does not hurt the outline:

GreedoKiller012.jpg

Break/saw the cut part out:

GreedoKiller013.jpg

And file it in shape:

GreedoKiller014.jpg

Then the L-profile was cut, drilled and bolted on the lower part:

GreedoKiller015.jpg

Again the shape was marked:

GreedoKiller018.jpg

The process of drilling many small holes got a variation on this part. I placed 3 big holes in the corners, and then the small ones between them - that makes it easier to get the wanted smooth curve.

Painted and test-mounted:

GreedoKiller020.jpg

It would have been easier to have the parts machined, but a to perfect shape looks wrong in my eyes - they slapped the parts together in a hurry, a slighly uneven finish matches better. That´s why i did them from hand, with a halfround file.

Arranged with the goodies:

GreedoKiller021.jpg

The grill is a resin one from Vince/Corellian Exports - sooner or later it will be replaced with a milled metal one.

Next i need to do is filling, sanding, painting the scope. And turning a adapter for the flash-hider on the lathe.

GreedoKiller022.jpg

And i would appreciate every help i can get to find out which rail was/can be used to mount the scope-rings.

Anyone a idea where to find a real scope?

Man - I would love one of those scopes.

Where did you come up with the shape for the bar? I haven't seen the details you put on this piece before.

They had one I saw on Ebay 3 weeks ago,sold for 300.00 for the real Hensoldt scope !!!!!! That was the last one I saw....Ill keep looking for ya.....Guy

They had one I saw on Ebay 3 weeks ago,sold for 300.00 for the real Hensoldt scope !!!!!! That was the last one I saw....Ill keep looking for ya.....Guy

Thanks, but the needed is no Hensoldt - the Hensoldt was/is used on the ANH-Hero, the version you build some days before, too.

And i had the luck to find a real one in a sweet condition http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-hensoldt-arrived-102540/ :) - i used it on my ANH-Hero: http://www.therpf.com/f9/anh-hero-buildup-mgc-real-hensoldt-104056/

Today i had some time to work on it, so i started on the adapter for the Flash-Hider:

GreedoKiller023.jpg

The bigger side slips inside the M9:

GreedoKiller024.jpg

And the end with the smaller diameter sticks through and simulates the Mauser barrel:

GreedoKiller025.jpg

Next it got a 5mm feed hole:

GreedoKiller027.jpg

In the frontpart i will keep the 5mm dia, as it looks better for a blaster than the big opening of a real Mauser:

GreedoKiller026.jpg

I drilled the back with a 10mm drill, and turned it to the needed inner diameter:

GreedoKiller028.jpg

Sawing the back crosswise:

GreedoKiller029.jpg

I did this cause i don´t wanted to glue it on the Denix - maybe i decide one day to swap the build to a MGC. With the slots i can use the original fastening mechanism of the flash-hider (and release it again if needed):

GreedoKiller032.jpg

Testing the fit of the adapter:

GreedoKiller031.jpg

Preparing the surface:

GreedoKiller030.jpg

Always know what you do - getting in the chuck with your fingers/hand when it turns is not funny. Be carefull.

It got some black paint:

GreedoKiller034.jpg

Placed in the flash-hider:

GreedoKiller035.jpg

And mounted on the Denix:

GreedoKiller037.jpg

And a view from the front:

GreedoKiller038.jpg

Additional, as you can see on the last pic in the above post, i mounted the grill. It is glued with 5 minutes epoxy, i hope it will stay in place.

Not to forget at a GK: Drilling a tiny hole and screw a M2 bolt in it:

GreedoKiller033.jpg

Painting the bolt black, too ..... and turn it in the hole:

GreedoKiller036.jpg

That´s it´s status atm:

GreedoKiller039.jpg

I started preparing the scope a little bit, too - but before i could take some pics the batteries of my cam gave up. Need to be recharged now.

My biggest concern now is "what scope-rail has to be searched/bought?"

I used a weaver rail that located one ring right on the end. I then cut it to length then cut in the notches to locate the second ring. I was lucky that the end I used had mounting holes I could use but I don't think drilling holes will be a problem for you.

The rail I used was meant to be mounted to a rounded receiver so I had to sand the bottom flat. I then made a spacer block to raise the rail up to proper height.

But if you can do mill work, here are the specs:

picatinny_rail2.gif

picatinny_rail3.gif

Don't worry about multiple slots, just cut slots to mount the rings at the ends of the rail.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back