Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and

Lichtbringer

Master Member
the most accurate flash-hider next to a real MG81 one, metal grill, ....

Some of you may remember my "how to"-buildup with a Denix: http://www.therpf.com/f9/han-solo-esb-anh-all-metal-blasters-step-step-92790/

But 2 weeks ago i bought a MGC-Mauser in a nice condition, and that forced me to a decision what to do with it. I could have build a GK or a ROTJ from it - but as the ANH-Hero is my most prefered Solo-blaster, and as i will probably never get a deactivated real Mauser, so i decided to use it for a ANH-Hero.

This is the bought MGC:

M38002.jpg

M38001.jpg

At some points the MGC is much more detailed than the Denix.

The topside of the bolt is not only flat:

M38003.jpg

When the bolt is pulled back there is the feed mechanism, not only a deep hole:

M38006.jpg

The magazine bottom is detailed and can be opened:

M38004.jpg

It has the same safe mechanism and can be field stripped as a real one:

M38005.jpg

M38007.jpg

The grips (plastic as the Denix) and especially their bolts are more accurate as the Denix, but mine had very sharp edges - i had to sand them down for a comfortable feel. And their plastic looks even more plastic than the Denix ones, without any weathering.

Last edited:
Re: ANH-Hero Buildup - from a MGC, with real Hensoldt and

The buildup itself is very easy, as i already had the needed parts,

I scrapped the already build Denix-ANH-Hero, and put the parts on the MGC:

GreedoKiller001.jpg

The main difference in the way of the buildup is that i painted the bullbarrel/flash-hider adapter instead of blacken it with Birchwood Alu-black. This meets the MGC color better, but still isn´t perfect:

GreedoKiller017.jpg

This is how it looks at the moment:

GreedoKiller002.jpg

GreedoKiller019.jpg

The remaining Denix will be transformed, and used for the buildup of a ANH-Greedo Killer.

Re: ANH-Hero Buildup - from a MGC, with real Hensoldt and

Very nice!!!

Markus

Thanks, Markus. :)

I´m not sure if the difference in the overall appearance between the MGC and the Denix is really noticeable on my pics, but in real there is a difference. But, off course, there is also a difference in the requested prices - the Denix is still a sweet piece for a low price.

And here is the promised thread with the reused Denix, for my Greedo Killer:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/anh-greedo-killer-buildup-104079/

Thanks. :)

As it was the second time, it was a easy job. I just wish the MGC-Mauser would be more easily accessible. ;) I could use 1-3 more.

Very nice!

You have really become one of teh most impressive members on the board with your great write ups and your fabricating/build skills.

Thanks

Got to say that looks really cool. Was that an E-11 build I could see in the pictures too?

Very nice!

You have really become one of teh most impressive members on the board with your great write ups and your fabricating/build skills.

Thanks

Thanks Steve,

but i´m just a guy who likes to relax with building some stuff after quitting my daily job im the office.

Between 250£ and 375£ :thumbsup

You meant "$", not "£", right? :confused I´m sometimes a little bit confused with the jumping prices, my rule of the thump is between 200-300€. Sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on the condition of the gun.

You meant "$", not "£", right? :confused I´m sometimes a little bit confused with the jumping prices, my rule of the thump is between 200-300€. Sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on the condition of the gun.

Not exactly, the ones I usually found on the net are around 350£ :lol

Not exactly, the ones I usually found on the net are around 350£ :lol

Ouch. :confused

I´ve seen them went so far, twice - but in both cases the description was a little bit "confusing". Additional not the best pics, so if you don´t know your gun, you could have thinking your bidding on real deacs.

Some pics i forgot to show here:

The bullbarrel got it´s typical chamfered end:
Werkzeug032.jpg

That´s the way it looked:
Werkzeug033.jpg

And the grill got some additional machining for better details:
Werkzeug034.jpg

The bullbarrel is atm on its way to his new owner in CA, i will rework this gun in a not to far future. :love

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back