Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and

Really nice job on the bull barrel!

Odiwan is right about the chamfer height.

I think the only way to machine the thing properly is to chuck it up off center in a 4 jaw chuck....

This is easily one of the prettiest ANH Hero blasters I've ever seen.

Really nice job on the bull barrel!

Odiwan is right about the chamfer height.

I think the only way to machine the thing properly is to chuck it up off center in a 4 jaw chuck.....

The chamfer-height is not my problem, i can do that easily as soon as the bullbarrel is off-centered - but I don´t know ..... i can chuck it up that way in a 3 jaw chuck, too .... i just can´t imagine a not centered bore, it makes no sense for me. :confused

This is easily one of the prettiest ANH Hero blasters I've ever seen.

Uuh, äääääh, yeah ...... wow. :confused Thanks for the kind words. :)

Does anybody offer these conversion kits? I have the exact same gun but some of the conversion parts on it aren't that great. Any help is appreciated.

That gun looks amazing for the record!

Yeah I dunno, it's weird having the bore off center but it definitely is...

nrunner2.jpg

This may or may not still be a secret, but I believe the bottom of the bull barrel is milled flat to be matched up to the flat portion under the Mauser's barrel.

This way would also create the illusion that the Flash Hider is hanging lower than center, when it's actually centered.

Also, great job on your Blaster. it looks great!

-Carson

Does anybody offer these conversion kits? I have the exact same gun but some of the conversion parts on it aren't that great. Any help is appreciated.

That gun looks amazing for the record!

I´ve never seen anything that way, no bullbarrel (maybe due to the problems i have right now), and not even a adapter for the flashhider.

If you see something, it probably was custom-made.

Thanks. :)

This may or may not still be a secret, but I believe the bottom of the bull barrel is milled flat to be matched up to the flat portion under the Mauser's barrel.

I heard of that, but only from people who build their own replicas, i was thinking about that myself, to keep the ability to fieldstrip it later.

But i always thought that was cause it is a easy way, not cause the real gun had it.

This way would also create the illusion that the Flash Hider is hanging lower than center, when it's actually centered.

Hmm, but we need a illusion to make it look higher than centered. :confused

Also, great job on your Blaster. it looks great!

-Carson

Thanks, also for your input on possible problem-solving. :)

This is the area I was referring to. And you just made me realize, that WOULD make it easier to strip down, I've never looked at it that way before. That to me, makes it seem even more likely to be there! :love :thumbsup

ANH_Hero2.jpg

And this is what I meant by the Flash Hider appearing to hang lower than centered, despite hanging crooked as well.

ANH_Hero.jpg

-Carson

Last edited:
This is the area I was referring to. And you just made me realize, that WOULD make it easier to strip down, I've never looked at it that way before. That to me, makes it seem even more likely to be there! :love :thumbsup

ANH_Hero2.jpg

And this is what I meant by the Flash Hider appearing to hang lower than centered, despite hanging crooked as well.

ANH_Hero.jpg

-Carson

I see your POV and can also make out the milled area on the naked runner pic...makes total sense!
BTW, did anybody see the small "tab" on the left side of the bull barrels front end? Maybe some kind of springloaded "catch" for additional barrel sections?!

Markus

I havn´t seen a pic yet that clearly shows the milled part, only guesses from light and shadow.

And i couldn´t find any serious info on Mausers with original Bullbarrel, all info comes from this movie-gun.

Maybe it was modified to look "cooler" to fit into it´s role in "the naked runner"? Then it wasn´t needed to have a centered bore in line with the receiver, it would have enabled them to chop the original and weld/braze the bull on the gun in any way that still allows disassembling - still good enough to fire blank ammunition.

Just a thought.

Pretty sure that it was a custom job for Naked Runner. I've never seen another Mauser with the bull barrel.

Hi,

Interesting post. Thought I would chime in. I don't think the barrel is milled on the bottom. See pics below.

anhhero5.jpg

I have worked out a model similar to Michael's (Lichtbringers) but simplified the process a bit I think. see next post.
anhrealheroleftiu1.jpg

Barrels are generally screwed on the receivers so it makes sense that the bull barrel be centered on the receiver. I made the bull barrel diameter the same size as the upper receiver width.

I turned the receiver and left a post which then simply slides into the drilled hole in the bull barrel.

barrelpostpostcopy.jpg

workingdenixsheet.jpg

Still working on it but please let me know what you think.

Last edited:
To make the frame "fit correctly" I lowered the upper receiver and moved it forward 3mm. Also "melted" the screw tab on the lower receiver into the upper by milling the slide down inside the frame and added a tab for a new screw hole which I decided to keep for dis-assembly purposes and to make it look proper.
upperlowerreceivermeltc.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back