Quorra Research and Resource Thread

Ultimatum

There is of course plenty of information scattered around the Tron Legacy costume planning thread. But I thought I'd share what I've learned and the photos I've found all in one place for easy reference, focusing soley on Quorra's costume.

Firstly, here's the trade sketch I've drawn
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/361/1/c/quorra_trade_sketch_by_pyro_the_maniac-d35tq3b.jpg

And this folder contains all the photos I have found:
Tron Legacy, Quorra - a set on Flickr

Videos, to see the costume in motion and also some interesting trivia is mentioned:
YouTube - Tron: Legacy Featurette
YouTube - ETC Extra: Tron: Legacy Making Of
YouTube - Tron: Legacy - Clothing, Fashion, Jewlery From The Movie
YouTube - TRON: LEGACY - "Quorra Saves Sam" Clip
YouTube - Olivia Wilde - Tron: Legacy Interview
YouTube - Tron: Legacy Innovative Design Bonus Clip (Love it or Hate it?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2aSyAmHwY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3CEawIbc20&feature=related

I started making my first Quorra costume pretty much from the moment I saw the trailer, I just fell in love with the design. Unfortunatley any kind of reference was hard to come by, so I made alot of mistakes and took a few liberties. But I really wanted to wear it to the movie and I did that, so it served it's purpose.

Now having seen the film and doing even more research (as well as learning so much from you guys), I'm starting my second costume.
I'm still using EL wire as alot of Quorra's lights are very thin, but I'm not going back to vinyl again!
It's far too thin, it started tearing and wrinkling. So learning from Twinight, using black foam, mod podge and plastidip, the costume is much sturdier and far more screen accurate.

The materials used in the film are rubber for the gloves boots and bodice, lycra body suit, latex for the tights and skirt and elastolite for the lights.
But if you're thinking about getting elastolite, forget about it, it's curently not available to the public.

That's all I got for now but if anyone has any more advice, pictures, videos or questions, post away!

Last edited:
Great sketch, though some of the photos I've seen seem to indicate that the hex pattern on her upper chest area is actually molded into the foam rubber of her armor, like a sort of bas relief. :confused

It's rather difficult to tell as all the costumes in the film look unnaturally perfect. But from my research I'm told the hex pattern is an undersuit.
But depending on the material you use, this may not be enough. Rubber is very conforming, therefore the outer and undersuit sit perfectly together.

My original costume had the hex pattern fabric glued under the outer costume which worked well.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back