Judge Dredd Helmet

BATGIRL

I have just completed my Judge Dredd helmet that I started a couple of months ago. The basis is a pep file of the comic book style helmet I found, but I prefer the movie style without the "X" on the front of the helmet. So, I modified the pattern and came up with this. It is only the second helmet I have completed and am giving it as a Christmas present and right after taking the photos, I got it wrapped... I have since found a pep file of the movie helmet and have started that one and will use what I learned on the first ones on that project. I appreciate all the information and photos of other people's projects that I have used as a reference and for inspiration!

Very nice indeed! What did you use for the visor section?

Thanks for the compliments. The Visor was constructed using a five snap flat motorcycle visor. It was trimmed to fit and was secured to the cloth helmet liner with small tabs of industrial Velcro. The tinting was provided by spraying VHT "Nite-Shades" translucent black lens paint, normally used to turn automotive tail lights black but still allow the red lights to shine through...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back