60s Batman TV Show Props?

Bizarro Lois

Sr Member
A station called "Hub" has been showing reruns of the Batman TV show lately, so I've kind of been on a 60s Batman kick. It got me wondering, if anyone has done any props from the show. There was plenty of stuff that would be fun to make - some of the more obvious ones including Batarangs and Riddler's cane and bowler. So has anyone made anything from the show? I saw the thread in the Costume forum about the patterns for the Batman and Robin suits, which is great. I don't think I've ever seen anyone dressed up as the TV versions, even though it seems like a no-brainer because the costumer wouldn't have to be as built for these as for the comic book versions.

A lot has been done for props on that show.

Bat-belts, rangs, the Shakespeare bust.

Coolest thing I saw on these boards was the Plexi Bat-shield.

Awesome!!!

Maybe some of the threads have fallen off or are very far back. The first few pages I searched didn't show much specifically from the show. I think a fun and easy start would be Riddler's cane and bowler hat. Was the hat a specific brand? Any notes on how the cane was made?

One of the funniest things I've ever seen on Halloween involved the old Batman. This guy who was about 50 pounds too heavy to wear a costume like that was wearing it, and he had split the fabric in several areas with bits of thread hanging from them. He had two or three days of beard growth, plus there was dirt and grease on his costume. He looked like a Batman who had definately fallen on hard times.

He came to where we were attending a party and started ranting about how all the new Batmen were nothing but plastic muscles, rubber abs, and frauds. There were a couple guys in the new costumes there, and he was just hounding them something fierce, and it was so, so, funny.

I have a Bat-a-rang and one of the Bat-Radio's that I bought from another member. Both of them, I'm pretty sure, were made by Clint Young of cyproductions.com Mr Young made the props for the "Back to the Bat-Cave" TV movie as well as providing props and costume parts for Adam West's touring suits. You can purchase directly from him through his website.

I've been gathering fabric and supplies to make my own Bat-costume. I have Chuck Williams patterns that are derived from a study of one of the surviving costumes and I also have one of Chuck Williams cowls which is an amazing piece of artisanship.

One prop I'd love to have is the Mad Hatter's top hat with hypno-eyes.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back