Tron: Legacy, "The Digital Frontier" Book

DarthDan95

One of the many props that stood out to me in Tron Legacy was Kevin Flynn's book, "The Digital Frontier" This doesnt seem like it would be too hard to replicate (the cover sleeve of it). After doing various searches I've found a few things:

First, I got a ton of AMAZING pictures from GuntahKela's post:

View attachment 41042

View attachment 41043

View attachment 41044

View attachment 41045

View attachment 41046

Second, I found a few more pictures from another website. These are helpful because they show the books spine, but thats about it (I still cant identify the logo on the bottom):

View attachment 41049

View attachment 41050

Third, I have searched FOREVER with about every tech term imaginable and havent been able to find the picture on the cover! Not sure if thats just my fault, but its been painful. Maybe it was custom made too.
I did find the image of Kevin on the back of the book on the FlynnLives site, but its covered with lines (like a TV screen)...

Finally, I'm pretty sure I've identified the font one the cover as "Jante Antiqua Demi". I might be wrong but its REALLY close anyways. The problem is that it costs about $50 and Im not sure I want to drop that much for something Ill use once. Maybe Ill change my mind...

Thanks for any help or tips anyone can provide, I really appreciate it.

Dan

Last edited:
well one thing you could do about the font, is type what you want, on the preview thing, then press the button on your keyboard that says prt scrn then copy it in to the editing program of your choice. good luck :)

Yeah, thats a good idea. Im just not sure about the quality, but that's definitely an option in the mean time..

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention....the size. I have absolutely NO IDEA how big this is, not even a clue, if anyone can help with that, thats one of my main concerns...

Oh wow! I didn't know they made a real copy. I noticed the back is different from the actual prop , and maybe a few other details too so I'll keep working on mine, but if anyone has it, PLEASE provide some details (measurements, inside back sleeve, etc.), that would be an incredible baseline.

They handed these out for the ARG? Was it a Comic Con exclusive or something, like the T-shirts with the hidden message in them?

It was part of the last puzzle that finished 2 or so weeks ago, that ended up leading to an advanced free screening of the movie a week before it came out. To sum it up, 16 locations were revealed across the united states, and teams of people set out to find them. The pay off to that was they got this package, which lead to the next piece of the puzzle.

5245580974_75bc60a38f_b.jpg

So in short, there are 16 books out there like this, and they are all hollowed out, and each one is a little different.

It was part of the last puzzle that finished 2 or so weeks ago, that ended up leading to an advanced free screening of the movie a week before it came out. To sum it up, 16 locations were revealed across the united states, and teams of people set out to find them. The pay off to that was they got this package, which lead to the next piece of the puzzle.

5245580974_75bc60a38f_b.jpg

So in short, there are 16 books out there like this, and they are all hollowed out, and each one is a little different.

Oh, so these were for those who got to the locations. Okie dokie.

Below the barcode on the back it says "Quotari Publishing, Inc."

It looks like the spine might have a stylized 'open quotes' logo, and Quotari written below it.

-Mike J.

I believe these were originally published books with modifications made for the movie.

Could you specify a little? I'm not quite sure what you mean...

Below the barcode on the back it says "Quotari Publishing, Inc."

It looks like the spine might have a stylized 'open quotes' logo, and Quotari written below it.

-Mike J.

Thanks! :) I was pretty iffy on what that said, and I could definitely see the logo on the spine being that.

If someone were to scan the complete dust cover, even in sections, at 600dpi, I'd assemble a full Photoshop file for everyone for free. I'd also need the exact dimensions of the cover, including the flaps.

The longer I look at it, I think it could say "Quotable" or "Quotare" ...

I guess so, but I'm still thinking quotari. That's what I thought at first, and then you thought so too, so that makes me think it's probably quotari. Who knows, maybe another pic will come up and it could be totally different :lol

If someone were to scan the complete dust cover, even in sections, at 600dpi, I'd assemble a full Photoshop file for everyone for free. I'd also need the exact dimensions of the cover, including the flaps.

That would be really helpful, we still haven't found someone who has the book, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Although, the book given out isn't 100% accurate, but with a few changes, im sure it could be

I hope they release the book one day. Even if it's fiction I'm sure it'll be a good read.

Well, if you were a part of the "Flynn Lives" ARG, not only did you get a chance to read a small bit of the text, but you got to see a scanned copy of a page from the first draft if my memory serves me correctly. It was accessible through helloflynn.com.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back