Tron Legacy: the Other Props

Brilliant find! Congratulations.

I searched for Rubix cubes and stars and logic puzzles and didn't find a match.

-Mike J.

Yeah, great find. I knew I had seen those exact things before, but had no idea how to search for them... Always called them 'star puzzles' or something. :)

I'm just upset that I can't seem to find the cube I had as a kid...I could have had a free prop! (If I ignore the costs of paint)

Oh well. I guess I'll keep looking, because I know the moment I just drop the money for a new one, I'll end up finding my original.

rkpetersen, When yours come in find a way to take pictures of them on top of an ornate fireplace. :p

And to anyone willing to paint their cubes to try to get a good enough prop rather than the 100% accurate MoMo version, try looking for a "Shinsei Mystery Cube" or a "Shinsei Mystery Puzzle," it's the exact same thing, (In plastic instead of metal) but usually is more brightly colored.

-Nick

Last edited:
I'm not 100% positive, but the chip Sam had at the end may have used the SIM card tray from an iPhone as a base. It's a SIM tray of some sort though.

I'm not 100% positive, but the chip Sam had at the end may have used the SIM card tray from an iPhone as a base. It's a SIM tray of some sort though.

Woah, I think you're right. This looks pretty exact:

Amazon.com: APPLE iPhone 2G METAL SIM CARD TRAY SLOT HOLDER SILVER: Electronics

413kGqCeogL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That's nothing like the Sim Card slot slot in the film. Basically, it hung out the top of the cellphone, the card slid in and out of the left side of the phone (since Sam had it turned to the left both times he was loading something, it would be in a down direction) and it looked more like a custom thing than a found on the shelf piece.

That's nothing like the Sim Card slot slot in the film. Basically, it hung out the top of the cellphone, the card slid in and out of the left side of the phone (since Sam had it turned to the left both times he was loading something, it would be in a down direction) and it looked more like a custom thing than a found on the shelf piece.

Um, I'm looking at a screencap right now, and this thing is ... exactly the same shape as the frame of the card that Sam hangs around his neck at the end of the movie. Obviously, the guts were added, but the shape of the tray is exact. (Due to the dubious nature of the screencap, I don't think it should be posted.)

Um, I'm looking at a screencap right now, and this thing is ... exactly the same shape as the frame of the card that Sam hangs around his neck at the end of the movie. Obviously, the guts were added, but the shape of the tray is exact. (Due to the dubious nature of the screencap, I don't think it should be posted.)

The thing you posted the picture of looks like it connects to the back of an iPhone, meaning its the same size as an iPhone, no the same size of the card. Which means, this thing posted would be a HUGE thing hanging off the phone, not the small thing we saw in the film. Unless the scale of the picture is throwing off my concept of scale, I'm calling this a scratchbuilt item than a found item.

Last edited:
The thing you posted the picture of looks like it connects to the back of an iPhone, meaning its the same size as an iPhone, no the same size of the card. Which means, this thing posted would be a HUGE thing hanging off the phone, not the small thing we saw in the film. Unless the scale of the picture is throwing off my concept of scale, I'm calling this a scratchbuilt item than a found item.

I think you're misjudging what that is. It's small and goes into the sim slot on the phone.

Quick google: File:IPhone SIM Slot.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Last edited:
Post a screen shot, no one cares! I'm on phone, can't do it myself... :)

The mods care. There was a big hubbub over Iron Man screenshots from "less than legitimate" sources. We'll just have to wait until an official Disney image either from BTS or the DVD/BluRay becomes available.

-Nick

The mods care. There was a big hubbub over Iron Man screenshots from "less than legitimate" sources. We'll just have to wait until an official Disney image either from BTS or the DVD/BluRay becomes available.

-Nick

Ah, hadn't heard about that... :) Forget I mentioned it!

The ASCII print of the grid map would be cool, which was also featured in the movie.
img_2615.jpg

BTW: If you play the ARG, you'll see that the postcards "Arc Wars" and "Space Paranoids" are also used as props!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back