My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival : The Godfather

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival - Star Trek (Small Display)

According to Ferengi tradition, the Blessed Exchequer is a supernatural accountant who presides over the Divine Treasury, the Ferengi afterlife.

There, he reviews the profit and loss statements of deceased Ferengi in order to determine whether they will be allowed entry into the Treasury to bid on their new lives under the supervision of the Celestial Auctioneers.

Ferengi whose balance statement is negative are sent to the Vault of Eternal Destitution instead of the Treasury.

Ferengi may pray to the Exchequer, often depositing slips of latinum into a bank made in his likeness.

Typically the Ferengi prayer begins with "Blessed Exchequer, whose greed is eternal, allow this bribe to open your ears and hear this plea from your most devout debtor."

(Courtesy of Memory Alpha)

Being a good Ferengi, Quark is often seen praying to the Blessed Exchequer on Deep Space Nine ...

besgc1-970x380.jpg

...... diligently depositing the offering of slips of latinum for the Blessed Exchequer ( just gotta love trek :lol)

besgc2-963x388.jpg

And one of Quark and Brunt :D

besg5-816x629.jpg

Since I cannot afford to honour the Blessed Exchequer with bricks of gold pressed latinum, here's some pics I took last night of my own altar to him with slips, strips and bars :D

be1-804x670.jpg

be2-802x639.jpg

be3-569x687.jpg

be4-568x636.jpg

be5-819x648.jpg

be6-611x690.jpg

be7-761x681.jpg

be8-656x685.jpg

be9-802x683.jpg

And here's one I took this morning showing where it fits in the room :)

be10-966x656.jpg

Greed is eternal !

:lol

Last edited:

Niiiice :D:thumbsup I'm going to have to get better at sourcing stuff lol :)

Niiiice :D:thumbsup I'm going to have to get better at sourcing stuff lol :)

Not difficult to source.

I got it exactly from the same source where the DS9 prop masters got it from.

or-844x639.jpg

$9.95 from ebay :lol

.... and remember , "Greed is eternal" :D

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival - Star Trek (Small Display + Quick Quest

I was showing this to the Mrs. yesterday, and noticed something. Must have been blind :lol

The prop and the Thinkway bank have many identical tell-tale features in common, like the 'vein' on the head, exactly matching wrinkles and contours (very clearly seen in other screencaps not shown here), etc etc

There are many, but I will concentrate on only 2 of them for the purpose.

It seems there were 2 'idols', self-evident from the comparison below.

The Thinkway is in the middle.

sgcomp-980x500.jpg

The one on the left seems to be an exact match.

So, TNG overlapped DS9 by around a year 1993/4, TNG coming first of course.

The bank was made by thinkway in 1993 as TNG toy.

So, what came first, the chicken or the egg :lol ?

Was the 'idol' originally made by someone, it broke (?) , and then they just cast the toy ?

Or was it made for TNG, never used, then used on DS9 ?

Did Thinkway make it first, prop people modified and cast it, it broke (?), then they just cast it unmodified ?

.... and many other similar confusing questions :lol

Much appreciated if anyone with info about the origin & 'history' of this prop could chime in :)

HMS Mike ?

Attachments

• sgcomp-980x500.jpg
    sgcomp-980x500.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival - Star Trek (Small Display + Quick Quest

Another cool "not seen much' Prop!! :thumbsup

Thank you Tony & Paul.

They are still props :darnkids.

I have screencap evidence :lol

Joking aside, and as I said earlier (no idea where or when :lol), the details on a vast majority of props that are not mainstream (see, that's being polite :lol) are absolutely astonishing ... and always call out my name to make :lol

Hi Guys,
We did not make the Blessed Exchequer. I was told by the propmaster that they used the bank as it was on some ones desk when the idea came up. At the time if you went in to any of the trek offices you would find all sorts of trek merchandise.
Alan you did a great job on the DS9 Klingon May'ron . We made that when I was still at Prop'er Effects I have the masters for that in storage. Hope you had fun with the bellows those were so much fun . We made 2 finished DS9 Klingon May'ron props for the show. The original master was done in acrylic, bondo and epoxy putty. I think it is about 10 inches wide across the control key board.

Hi Guys,
We did not make the Blessed Exchequer. I was told by the propmaster that they used the bank as it was on some ones desk when the idea came up. At the time if you went in to any of the trek offices you would find all sorts of trek merchandise....

Many thanks for the info Mike :)

This is so freaking cool! :lol I just :love it!!!
Now I know what one of my next projects will be.
Congrats my friend!

Fantastic display! one day that room Is going to burst at the seems tho..lol

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival - Star Trek : Star Trek : MLO - (Small '

The Ferengi Pistol / Phaser is also a favourite of mine :D

The original concept was to use it as a Vulcan Phaser, but it never made it on to the screen as such.

However, it did appear in Deep Space Nine, and subsequently on Enterprise, as the Ferengi Pistol / Phaser.

It was originally 'white', but mutated into other colours too on Enterprise :lol

Some screencaps.

fpSG1-894x690.jpg

fpSG2-577x646.jpg

And this is the original prop auctioned off yonks ago.

fporig-980x424.jpg

Seen hereunder in the intended Vulcan Phaser colour scheme in the "Art of Star Trek" book, what you also may or may not know, is that this prop was born as this :lol

mlo-748x564.jpg

Therefore, my acronym MLO : Made Like Original - too tempting to pass up :lol

Since they were made 30 years ago, they are of course now 'vintage' toys (read expensive :lol), but I nabbed me a very cheap one on ebay because it had the canopy missing.

..... like what did I care :lol

fpb1-751x505.jpg

fpb2-746x501.jpg

fpb3-741x498.jpg

Next came the .....

fpb3a-737x406.jpg

.... sorry mate. Your friend's sacrifice is necessary :lol

fpb4-731x491.jpg

Put aside the needed bits

fpb5-725x487.jpg

... and tried to figure out what parts those prop guys cut to put it together :wacko

fpb6-715x480.jpg

Not lined up to fit to size unfortunately, so whatever was done to join the two parts would have to be tapered.

fpp-973x559.jpg

First I tried this

fpb7-707x474.jpg

But then decided it would be way easier like this

fpb8-697x467.jpg

Stuck the parts together and sanded to shape

fpb9-685x459.jpg

And cut bits / drilled / covered in filler as needed

fpb10-678x454.jpg

fpb11-671x449.jpg

fpb12-664x444.jpg

Sanded rough

fpb13-658x440.jpg

Then refilled and sanded fine

fpb14-651x435.jpg

Added the 'site' / 'hammer' at the back

fpb15-644x430.jpg

And covered the bottom like the original with a piece of plastic

fpb16-639x427.jpg

And here is the finished and painted replica, on a jerry-rigged stand :)

fpf1-959x651.jpg

fpf2-955x498.jpg

fpf3-948x643.jpg

fpf4-944x614.jpg

fpf5-936x635.jpg

fpf6-806x724.jpg

And where I put it on display :)

fpf9-951x645.jpg

fpf8-948x606.jpg

Good thing is that I still have another 'set' of parts, which I will save for a rainy day and make another one in the Vulcan Phaser colours :D

Last edited:
Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival - Star Trek : MLO - (Small 'Build' / Mod

Wow, another great piece of work, Alan.

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival - Star Trek : MLO - (Small 'Build' / Mod

Superb as always Alan, another great build :thumbsup

Fantastic weapon ! great build Alan...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back