Awesome Sci-Fi Movie Guns

Joe Campbell

Let's say I was making a list. What would be on it. Only Movies, no TV.

The Samaritan

Lawgiver

Auto 9 (Robocop)

Buck Rogers

Han Solo's Pistol

Forbidden Planet

Equilibrium

Mal's Serenity gun

(I have more, but maybe this can get us started)

What else?

Voila the ZF-1,
Handle adjustable for easy carrying
Good for righties and lefties
Breaks down into 4 parts
Undetectible by Xray
Idea for quick, discreet intervention

A word on firepower,
Titanium recharger
3000 round clip with burst of 3 to 300
With a replay button, another Zorg invention, It's even easier.
One shot briefly sends every following shot to the same location.

And to finish the job, all Zorg oldies but goldies.
Rocket Launcher
Arrow launcher with explosive poisonous gas heads, very practical
Our famous net launcher
The always efficient flame thrower, my favorite
And for the grand finaly the all new ice cube system.

Blade's modded Mac 11
Blade_1_mac_10.gif

some of my favs

-total recall uzi
-v pistol
-classic bsg pistol
-most of Shirow's weapons
-Rico's folding gun from Dredd
-Sonic pistol and shotgun from Minority report

So many to choose from... but I'll just go with the classics no one else has mentioned yet...

the best Star Trek phaser design of all time...

norm-493381bb63dd0-Star+Trek+III%3A+The+Search+for+Spock+%281984%29.jpeg

It continuously infuriates me that not ONE official licensee has EVER seen fit to make a widely available, AFFORDABLE TO THE AVERAGE FAN ON A BUDGET replica of that phaser and its corresponding communicator:

Star%20Trek%20III%20Communicator%20Prop%20replica%20RBPRP1796BUlg.jpg

Sure, Roddenberry.Com has the phaser, made by Richard Coyle himself... but not every fan can afford $500-600 for a phaser replica. And they may even have the communicator, but again, not everyone can afford their prices. I won't be happy until fans can stroll into a Toys "R" Us or their local comic shop and pick one up for $30 or less! (Yes, I'm calling you out, Art Asylum/Diamond Select Toys! :p You've had the Star Trek license for how long now? Absolutely inexcusable!)

And even though it's NOT a gun, it will be seen on movie screens in the summer of 2011, and it IS the Most Powerful Weapon in the Universe, so... this makes my list...

GLmoviePowerRingRealPropCloseup.jpg

;)

Last edited:
So many to choose from... but I'll just go with the classics no one else has mentioned yet...

the best Star Trek phaser design of all time...

norm-493381bb63dd0-Star+Trek+III%3A+The+Search+for+Spock+%281984%29.jpeg

QFT!

I wish the Trek III phaser had seen more use.

As it is though, the Trek V/VI phaser isn't bad, although it shows off it's "real gun" heritage

dsc06747.jpg

The TMP/WOK is probably third in my list, but I still like it a lot. Don't care for the blinky lites but oh well. :rolleyes

tmpbrickpricep2.jpg

Original "Battlestar Galactica" was actually released as a theatrical film (in Canada I think) so you can grandfather that one in if you really want to. :lol

ktorgflat2.jpg

When you say "Buck Rogers", and hark back to the old serials, you're talking about those weird under-handed ray gun thingies

fgm1.jpg

...which i'm not so thrilled with... but the TOYS on the other hand (also drawn into the comics), are classics. :)

xz38howitworks.jpg

Since we're going fictional here (even if the fictional gun is built around a real one/s) My favs would be...

1. M41A pulse Rifle from Aliens. Yeah, we all know the two guns it's made from. Try to contain yourself from posting it. ;)
2. Hand-held M134 minigun from Predator (which if using real bullets while hand-held would knock a person on their butt in no time flat and do some serious bodily harm to them. There is no real-life hand-held version of the mini-gun that fires real bullets people. Sorry to shatter the dream butnotreally.
3. The ZF-1 from The 5th Element. I mean come on. Half (or more) of the weapons on the actual prop are fully functional. How can you not like that?
4. The modified Calico M950 that the Alien baddie used from the movie I come in Peace. "You'll go in pieces."
5. The modified Beretta 93R that Robocop used.
6. The Tec-9 that Kurt Russell used in Big Trouble in Little China... ok that last one is "fully" real but it looks neat and I own a real one so I'm biased. Too bad Tec-9s are nothing but junk. Still looks neat. "You know what Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back