The beast's floating rose from Beauty and the Beast - build thread

Nice. Not dating that one anymore, but what invisible wire did you use? The stuff from the magic shop? I found invisible thread impossible to work with.

Last edited:
Never attempted this, but what if instead of fishing line, you got a clear stand with a needle point, stuck the rose stem on it, then covered the stand with the fallen rose petals so it couldn't be seen? Then you could glue everything together (rose stand to a bottom glass plate, glass cover to the glass bottom plate) and it wouldn't move or swing if moved around.

Just a thought..

That single red fiber optic rose is a good idea. I always wanted to make it light up but couldn't figure out how to do so with an LED. Fiber optics is a smart option! It's thin enough to be hidden into the stem and leaves.

i have absolutely no idea what it was called, but a few years ago (5-10) i remember seeing commercials on tv all the time for this powder that you would preserve flowers with, you put the flowers in the powder, and i think you microwaved it, or something, and it would keep them looking fresh and new, and stay soft forever. This was a LONG time ago, and i have no idea what the stuff was called. But that would DEFIANTLY come in handy for something like this.

you might buy her flowers every friday, but spending 20 minutes taking the old one out, putting the new one in, and adjusting it till it hangs right every week WILL get annoying

Fyi, for getting a rose to stand up straight, there is something called a flower "frog". I don't know if it's ideal for this particular scenario b/c it might look a little ugly if you don't hide it in some kind of base, but it is an alternative to fidgeting with hot glue and invisible string. A frog is basically a small tile with a bunch of pins sticking out of it. You can pretty much just stick the base of the stem through with a few of the pins, and the flower will stand straight. They are used in flower arrangement.

Hi I would like to buy of you this beautiful glass jar:)Totally love it!!!I'm living in Ireland.Would you let me know about the price of the jar and post please?
Many thanks:)

I realize this thread has not been active for over 2 years, but I had this idea too, and got a better idea of how I'm going to do it from this thread.
I've just started a build of a rose for my fiance. I picked up a nice fake rose, and base, and have the glass ready to buy.

My plan is to have an LED in the center of the rose, battery powered, to light it up. Being a fake rose, there is a metal core to the rose, so no wires in the centre. I plan to run the wires on the outside of the stem, and shrink wrap the wires with green wire shrink wrapping.

First thing on my list is finding the power supply, I need a 1 or 2 AAA battery supply with an on/off switch. Then I need to do some woodworking to make a pocket in the base for the power.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back