Super Cheap High Quality Costumes

Ozymandius

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a friend that used to own and run a professional costume shop here in Orlando that supplied a lot of the theatres, actors, etc with costumes. Sadly the business went under and they have not been able to find a buyer for the warehouse full of theatre quality costumes they are now having to pay to store.

Long story short, they have a LOT of costumes that they need to get rid of and will sell cheap to anyone that wants them. Lots of period costumes (pirate, midevil, etc) and historical stuff.

So if you have a wishlist of costumes that you are looking for or pieces that you can use to put together a costume, let me know and I'll try to hook you up.

Are they having a liquidation sale? I'm in Tampa and could drive over if they still had a brick and mortar location.

looking for a resin or rubber snub nose luger p08

also a Grammaton Cleric coat - sometimes called the Kleric Coat by some shops

thanks

I'm looking for a pirate shirt, breeches, and a coat that would work for Guybrush Threepwood. Any of the games, so I've got some options. (although the second game is hands down the coolest costume)

Oh, and I'd REALLY love to get my hands on a double breasted grey frock coat, with dark trim on the lapels if possible.

I wear a 38R jacket size.

Last edited:
If they have a nice black or charcoal Inverness coat (single breasted) long, 44L - 46L I'd be interested. Or a "Vaderesque" or vampiric cape...

Western boots? 10 D

Are they having a liquidation sale? I'm in Tampa and could drive over if they still had a brick and mortar location.

The store is long gone and everything is in storage. They couldn't find a buyer that wanted to buy them out in bulk, hence the need to sell off what they could so they wouldn't have that big storage bill every month.

Diabetes finally took his eyesight, so anything you guys can pay will help a lot.

I'm going in Saturday to look around and take stock so I can answer questions better. I'll print out this page and take it with me, so be sure to list anything you're looking for here.

Don't think there were many prop guns there though.

Dumb question, but anything remotely resembling Dumbledore robes or Captain Hook?

Don't know if they have an exact match to Dumbledore's robes, but I definately know that they had lots of Midevil and Renaisance style robes and such that could be adapted to it.

Ditto on the Pirate clothes. Pretty good bunch of that stuff around.

Starting to get cluttered with my responses so I'll round up everyone with this...

When the store was open they had 4 or five rooms packed with 30 foot long racks filled to overflowing with costumes. The rooms were seperated into time period and genre: fantasy, midevil, renaisance, ancient Roman, Greek, Egyptian, 17th century, 18th century, super hero, sci-fi, military, western, Roaring 20's, 50's, etc. You get the idea. The store was freakin' huge.

So put down your wish lists here (preferably with sizes) and I'll print them out and take them with me. Going to be going back a few times over the next week, so if I don't find it this weekend I'll get it the next time.

I hope it's OK to post pictures, might make your job easier.

Basically this for the Threepwood costume.
files.php

The shirt is just a standard opening with a wide collar, the style of wrist closure doesn't matter to me. The breeches are brown, drop front is preferable. For the coat any blue textured pirate frock would work, but the red trim and cuffs like those would be an awesome bonus.

And then this for the frock coat.
d4-5h-010.jpg

The darker collar would be awesome, but it's cool if its not there. Either grey or tan/cream would work for me.

Jacket size 38R, pants size 34Wx32L. Shirt size medium.

Oh I totally forgot what I want most out of everything right now is a Black Trenchcoat or Duster, and a All Black Fedora for my Darkman costume for D*C 2011.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back