Tron/Tron:Legacy props from the Disney Archives (Spoiler free)

GuntahKela

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My friend, Steve, hosts a weekly web-based show featuring Disney Archive subjects. For the last few weeks, they have focused on Tron, featuring props and costumes. Their last episode features a look at the new disk:

Tron Legacy:
YouTube - Disney D23's Armchair Archivists

Tron:
YouTube - Disney D23's Armchair Archivists

Excuse the campiness of the videos. It's Disney, after all. BTW, Steve is the one who came up with the Tron-monorail idea, early in the year.

Last edited:
Re: Tron and Tron Legacy props (Spoiler free)

These videos rock. The orignal helmets are so fun to see in real life.

I capped a bunch of photos from the original TRON video.

tron-helmets-costume-video-picture-8.png-40002d1291501361

The rest are here-
http://www.therpf.com/f45/tron-helmets-costume-video-101806/

If your friend Steve has any more photos, I'd kill to see them.

Nick

Steve is a member here. But, with a growing family and his Job at Disney, I don't think he checks in here, often. Too bad, since he has got some incredible access to the archives and busy sound-stages.

BTW, that is the same room I visited were they kept a bunch of other cool Disney stuff, such as the robot from black hole, a full Rocketeer suit and display rocketpack, Power Ranger helmets, POTC, etc.

I noticed in some of the other videos they posted that a bunch of "Life Aquatic" props were on dispay on a shelf in the background.

Pretty cool!

Too bad that he is so busy now. I wish his video series would be a regular segment.

Nick

Too bad that he is so busy now. I wish his video series would be a regular segment.

Nick
They are. They have a new segment every week. Sign-up to their channel and Facebook page.

I'm surprised no one else, here, cares about this thread, with TRON being all over. I don't care for classic tron, at all, yet the props shown were very insightful.

Guntah, you vids are cool and very appreciated, it's so interesting to see, what effort went into Lagacy to create new and yet well known iconic props...

Cool! I thought they mentioned that being the last show?

If not, I'm ready for more of their videos!

Nick

I'm surprised no one else, here, cares about this thread, with TRON being all over. I don't care for classic tron, at all, yet the props shown were very insightful.

Sorry G,
I really loved these videos. Meant to post a thanks, and got sidetracked.

Super clear video, and camera angles replica builders would pay for.
:thumbsup

-DM

So should we start a separate thread for spoiler props? There's one at the end of the movie that I need, like right now.

Sorry G,
I really loved these videos. Meant to post a thanks, and got sidetracked.

Don't worry about it. It's just that I was beginning to wonder if everyone have moved to a cooler Replica prop forum, or something :lol

Here's a bunch of caps from the Legacy video.

The closeups of the ID Disk are really nice looking. INteresting texture variations on the different parts.

attachment.php

Nick

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back