Extreme Ghostbusters - Griffin's Spirit Guide journal

Howlrunner

Sr Member
I've recently gotten back into Ghostbusters (my movie prop interests seem to come in cycles :lol) and was inspired by Tristan Jones Tobin's Spirit Guide digital fan art (TristJones on deviantART) to have a go at something myself.

This is not a "real" prop as a journal is not actually ever seen on screen (or even mentioned), but just something that I wanted to do that would fit in with what does actually exist.

Rather than picking and choosing, I decided to concentrate solely on the ghosts encountered in The Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon series (at least for this journal) and document them as if the encounters are being written up by team member Kylie Griffin (the most academic of the bunch) for her own Spirit Guide.

The ghosts are in the order that they are encountered in the series (not alphabetically), with information on them taken from what is said onscreen (with spellings from the subtitles). A few have suplimental material added if it is a "real world" ghost - one that actually does exist outside of just the EGB TV series (such as the Golem and Piper).

When paper props are shown in episodes I've also recreated them in Photoshop (taking a few liberties to make them appear more "real") and added them.

So far I have covered all 13 episodes available on the EGB Vol 1 DVD. I intend on covering the ghosts in all 40 of the episodes, but do not *yet* have access to the other 27 episodes. When I do, I will start work on the other ghost entries and update here as I go.

For now though, here it is; Griffin's Spirit Guide (the darn label maker I have doesn't have an apostrophe - hence it's absence on the cover):

FrontCover.jpg

Introduction.jpg

Achira from Ep1&2 "Darkness at Noon: Part 1" and "Darkness at Noon: Part 2":
Page1-2.jpg

The Golem from Ep3 "True Face of a Monster":
Page3-4.jpg

Fear Itself from Ep4 "Fear Itself" and The Vathac (Craniac, Gristle & Corpuscle" from Ep5 "Deadliners":
Page5-6.jpg

Kahlil statue from Ep6 "Casting the Runes":
Page7-8.jpg

Messenger of Kahlil and Kahlil from Ep6 "Casting the Runes":
Page9-10.jpg

The Infernal Machine and Luko from Ep7 "The Infernal Machine":
Page11-12.jpg

La Maison from Ep8 "Home Is Where The Horror Is":
Page13-14.jpg

Laughter Vampires from Ep9 "Killjoys":
Page15-16.jpg

The Orb of Moldova and Tenabrague from Ep10 "The Unseen":
Page17-18.jpg

Devil Bug and Cohila from Ep11 "The Crawler":
Page19-20.jpg

Piper from Ep12 "The Ghost Piper of Manhattan":
Page21-22.jpg

The Salesman (Duophanes) from Ep13 "Be Careful What You Wish For":
Page23-24.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very cool. I never saw the show but I love the amount of work you've put into the book and it kinda makes me want to do something similar for my fallout display. Instead of a ghost journal maybe a journal of travels through the wasteland. Keep up the good work.

That's a really cool prop. I remember Extreme Ghostbusters from when I was younger, seeing that artwork certainly brought back a few memories of the show.

That's a really cool prop. I remember Extreme Ghostbusters from when I was younger, seeing that artwork certainly brought back a few memories of the show.

Really cool! I only saw some of the episodes but I think you did a fine job with it!

This is very cool. I never saw the show but I love the amount of work you've put into the book and it kinda makes me want to do something similar for my fallout display. Instead of a ghost journal maybe a journal of travels through the wasteland. Keep up the good work.

If you've never seen the show, or only a couple of episodes, you can watch them all streamed online at GBfans.com - Extreme Ghostbusters Episodes Available for Viewing - Community - Ghostbusters Fans Forum

I've completed the Gremlin page and am working on the Jersey Devil page. Will post 'em up when I'm done with the J.D.

Great job! I kinda like that it doesn't have an apostrophe. Kinda gives it that extra "oomph" or pizazz. Gives a it a bit more character to fit in with the GB world.

as a big GB fan, i LOVE this. its like the indy grail diary of GB stuff.... AWESOME work!

Thanks. :) I originally started with my own Indy diary/journal based on his adventures in the novels (http://www.therpf.com/f9/indiana-jones-diary-wip-1920-1957-secret-sphinx-completed-78304/) but eventually got sidetracked and then a bit bored of it (but will probably still go back to it one day). That was kind of what inspired me to do this journal, but with a Ghostbusters theme.

Here's the next two entries - these are for the Gremlin from Ep14 "Greased" and the Jersey Devil from Ep15 "The Jersey Devil Made Me Do It":

Page25-26.jpg

Next two entries are the Ectoplasmic Desiccator from Ep16 "Dry Spell" and the Glaustic Sisters - Banshee and Syren from Ep17 "Sonic Youth".

Page27-28.jpg

Page29-30.jpg

Next up will be a fan favourite - Tempus.

Excellent detail on the drawings. I always loved how much darker/grosser Extreme GB was, even though it the team was asinine.

Excellent detail on the drawings. I always loved how much darker/grosser Extreme GB was, even though it the team was asinine.

Yeah, the fact that the ghosts/demons in EGB are so much more "realistic" and dark is what really sold me on the show too.

OK, next two entries are Tempus from Ep18 "Ghost Apocalyptic Future" and the Hraesvelg from Ep19 "Bird of Prey". :)

Page31-32.jpg

Page33-34.jpg

Next couple of entries are the Mirror Demon from Ep22 "The Ghostmakers", Fenris and Surt from Ep23 "Slimer's Sacrifice" and the Grundel from Ep24 "Grundelesque".

Page39-40.jpg

Page41-42.jpg

Somniwyrm and Morpheus from Ep25 "In Your Dreams":
Page43-44.jpg

Lotan and Maiikrob from Ep 25 "Moby Ghost":
Page45-46.jpg

Radioactive Mountain Spirit from Ep26 "Fall Out":
Page47-48.jpg

Gu Mo from Ep27 "Eyes of the Dragon":
Page49-50.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back